RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Inconcistencies using sliders and spinners with keyboard

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Inconcistencies using sliders and spinners with keyboard falolaf 14 Jul 08:26
  Inconcistencies using sliders and spinners with keyboard Sven Neumann 15 Jul 19:47
   Inconcistencies using sliders and spinners with keyboard falolaf 16 Jul 09:07
    Inconcistencies using sliders and spinners with keyboard Tomas Mraz 18 Jul 10:51
falolaf
2005-07-14 08:26:32 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Ohoj.
Moore and moore I use the keyboard when editing images with The Gimp and I have found what I believe is an inconsistency.

For example changing different values using Unsharp Mask: If have the spinner in focus and hit the up-arrow increases the value and hit the down-arrow decreases the value. But having the spinner in focus and hit the up-arrow DECREASES the value and hit the down-arrow INCREASES the value.

Is this behaviour made by decision?

btw, I know I can use right- and left-arrow.

/Anders Stedtlund

Sven Neumann
2005-07-15 19:47:57 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

falolaf writes:

If have the spinner in focus and hit the up-arrow increases the value and hit the down-arrow decreases the value. But having the spinner in focus and hit the up-arrow DECREASES the value and hit the down-arrow INCREASES the value.

You are contradicting yourself here? Is there a negation missing somewhere or did I miss something?

This would be a GTK+ issue. This is just a standard GTK+ widget. Or do other GTK+ applications don't show this problem?

Sven

falolaf
2005-07-16 09:07:33 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

ooooo, I'm quite blind.

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

falolaf writes:

If have the spinner in focus and hit the up-arrow increases the value and hit the down-arrow decreases the value. But having the spinner in focus and hit the up-arrow DECREASES the value and hit the down-arrow INCREASES the value.

You are contradicting yourself here? Is there a negation missing somewhere or did I miss something?

This should be more correct:
If the SPINNER is in focus and I hit the up-arrow it increases the value and if I hit the down-arrow it decreases the value. But having the SLIDER in focus and hit the up-arrow it DECREASES the value and hit the down-arrow it INCREASES the value.

This would be a GTK+ issue. This is just a standard GTK+ widget. Or do other GTK+ applications don't show this problem?

Haven't found an app to test, with spinner and slider, that I use.

Sven

/Anders

Tomas Mraz
2005-07-18 10:51:40 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 09:07 +0200, falolaf wrote:

ooooo, I'm quite blind.

This should be more correct:
If the SPINNER is in focus and I hit the up-arrow it increases the value and if I hit the down-arrow it decreases the value. But having the SLIDER in focus and hit the up-arrow it DECREASES the value and hit the down-arrow it INCREASES the value.

I can confirm this behaviour.

Haven't found an app to test, with spinner and slider, that I use.

I've tried some apps and they are consistent with Gimp behaviour, so of course this would have to be handled on GTK+ side.