RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Dynamic Text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Dynamic Text Andrei Simion 07 Jul 17:59
  GIMP Dynamic Text Sven Neumann 07 Jul 22:31
   GIMP Dynamic Text Andrei Simion 08 Jul 06:21
    GIMP Dynamic Text Owen Cook 08 Jul 07:37
     GIMP Dynamic Text Andrei Simion 08 Jul 19:48
      GIMP Dynamic Text Sven Neumann 09 Jul 01:37
       GIMP Dynamic Text Andrei Simion 10 Jul 16:58
Andrei Simion
2005-07-07 17:59:09 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

Hi,

I'd like to use the below GIMP Dynamic Text with Gimp-Perl, but I cannot find any documentation on it.

Regards, Andrei

Sven Neumann
2005-07-07 22:31:28 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

I'd like to use the below GIMP Dynamic Text with Gimp-Perl, but I cannot find any documentation on it.

What is the below GIMP Dynamic Text?

Sven

Andrei Simion
2005-07-08 06:21:48 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

Is this: http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=337

Andrei

Owen Cook
2005-07-08 07:37:14 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Andrei Simion wrote:

Sven Neumann wrote:

Andrei Simion writes:

That is a Gimp-1.2 plug-in and if you are using Gimp-2.x?, it will not work.

Owen

Andrei Simion
2005-07-08 19:48:48 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

Owen Cook wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Andrei Simion wrote:

Sven Neumann wrote:

Andrei Simion writes:

That is a Gimp-1.2 plug-in and if you are using Gimp-2.x?, it will not work.

And there is other tool like GIMP Dynamic Text to work in Gimp 2.2? I need basically to wrap the text when the line is bigger than the size of the layer.

Thanks,
Andrei

Owen

Sven Neumann
2005-07-09 01:37:06 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

And there is other tool like GIMP Dynamic Text to work in Gimp 2.2? I need basically to wrap the text when the line is bigger than the size of the layer.

The new text tool will attempt to load GIMP Dynamic Text layers from your old XCF files. It also provides multiline text. What it doesn't provide yet, is the ability to specify a fixed layer width and have the text broken wrapped into that. That is however planned.

Since I seem not to get around to implement it, perhaps someone else wants to look into adding the missing pieces? Quite a bit of the required functionality is already there, since this feature has always been foreseen. What's missing is mostly the tool code. I haven't looked at this in detail, but I think it should be possible to add this by deriving the text tool from the new rectangle tool. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will then try to explain the text properties that exist for this purpose. I hope that the existing text infrastructure will be capable of handling this feature w/o any incompatible changes to the gimp-text parasite.

Sven

Andrei Simion
2005-07-10 16:58:20 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

GIMP Dynamic Text

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

As long as it is not implemented yet, I'd like to use GIMP Dynamic Text.

Does anybody knows where I can find some documentation to use its Perl API?

Regards, Andrei

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Simion writes:

The new text tool will attempt to load GIMP Dynamic Text layers from your old XCF files. It also provides multiline text. What it doesn't provide yet, is the ability to specify a fixed layer width and have the text broken wrapped into that. That is however planned.

Since I seem not to get around to implement it, perhaps someone else wants to look into adding the missing pieces? Quite a bit of the required functionality is already there, since this feature has always been foreseen. What's missing is mostly the tool code. I haven't looked at this in detail, but I think it should be possible to add this by deriving the text tool from the new rectangle tool. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will then try to explain the text properties that exist for this purpose. I hope that the existing text infrastructure will be capable of handling this feature w/o any incompatible changes to the gimp-text parasite.

Sven