RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

preview for scrip-fu plugin?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

preview for scrip-fu plugin? pepster 29 Jun 02:01
  preview for scrip-fu plugin? Kevin Cozens 29 Jun 05:39
   preview for scrip-fu plugin? pepster 29 Jun 13:30
    preview for scrip-fu plugin? Nathan Summers 29 Jun 15:57
     preview for scrip-fu plugin? pepster 29 Jun 22:46
pepster
2005-06-29 02:01:54 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Say I have a scrip-fu plugin (I am thinking about wrap sharp), and I want to add a preview window to make it more useful.

Does it mean I must re-write the plugin in C, or is there an easier way?

Thanks, Joseph

Kevin Cozens
2005-06-29 05:39:24 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

pepster wrote:

Say I have a scrip-fu plugin (I am thinking about wrap sharp), and I want to add a preview window to make it more useful.

You would have to re-write it in C. There is no easy way to add a preview window to Script-Fu.

pepster
2005-06-29 13:30:03 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Kevin Cozens wrote:

pepster wrote:

You would have to re-write it in C. There is no easy way to add a preview window to Script-Fu.

I tried to make a start but facing immediate problems. Would appreciate some pointers -

1. The scm code calls the (pdb) plugin plug_in_edge. I am not sure how my C plugin can make a call to another plugin??

2. The preview need to render just a sub-region of the preview drawable - but a plug-in such as plug_in_edge need a drawable as argument. How does one turn a region into a new drawable?

Thanks, Joseph

Nathan Summers
2005-06-29 15:57:16 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On 6/29/05, pepster wrote:

Kevin Cozens wrote:

pepster wrote:

I tried to make a start but facing immediate problems. Would appreciate some pointers -

1. The scm code calls the (pdb) plugin plug_in_edge. I am not sure how my C plugin can make a call to another plugin??

The way to do this is with one of the gimp_run_procedure functions, but in this case edge-detection is trivial enough that it doesn't make sense to call a separate plug-in to do it. In fact, copying the existing edge-detection plug-in might be the best way to start.

Rockwalrus

pepster
2005-06-29 22:46:37 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Nathan Summers wrote:

On 6/29/05, pepster wrote:

Kevin Cozens wrote:

pepster wrote:

The way to do this is with one of the gimp_run_procedure functions, but in this case edge-detection is trivial enough that it doesn't make sense to call a separate plug-in to do it. In fact, copying the existing edge-detection plug-in might be the best way to start.

Rockwalrus

And then re-implement gausian filtering, and then re-implement map bumping and ... - do you get the picture?

Anyway, gimp_run_procedure2 it is.

Now, how do I create a drawable from the region on the fly?

Thanks, Joseph