RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Blending Modes: Mathematical Perspective

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Blending Modes: Mathematical Perspective Martin du Saire 27 Jun 21:24
  Blending Modes: Mathematical Perspective Simon Budig 27 Jun 22:14
Martin du Saire
2005-06-27 21:24:28 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

I apologize if you already received this post via gimpwin-users. I had a question about how Dodge and Burn blending modes work (They are mentioned in Grokking The Gimp, but not fully described)? I am working on an image analysis problem using ImageJ (NIH), but some of the GIMP functions seem to be useful in processing my images. I need to figure out how the process works so that I can (a) identify the corresponding ImageJ function or (b) implement it myself in ImageJ.

In general, are there a handful of recommended sources (print or on-line) that detail the "typical" image manipulation algorithms?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Simon Budig
2005-06-27 22:14:03 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Martin du Saire (mdusaire@umn.edu) wrote:

In general, are there a handful of recommended sources (print or on-line) that detail the "typical" image manipulation algorithms?

Have a look at http://www.pegtop.net/delphi/blendmodes/ , this explains the mathematical background of several blending modes.

Bye, Simon