RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Idea for syck image on disk.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Idea for syck image on disk. Campbell Barton 09 Jun 09:19
  Idea for syck image on disk. Sven Neumann 09 Jun 21:14
   Idea for syck image on disk. Campbell Barton 10 Jun 04:02
Campbell Barton
2005-06-09 09:19:19 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi, A while back I tried out a plugin for the gimp called Gimp-Verse For those of you who dont know about verse, its a way to collaberate on multimedia/3d projects transparently over a network.. This plugin allowed the Gimp to edit data and have it visible in 3d over a network realtime.
See- to get the idea
http://users.pandora.be/blendix/verse/old/verse_gimp_blender_demo.png

Anyhow, I tried to get this working but compiler issues various other things stoped me from getting verse-gimp up and running.

I ended up with a very hackish solution that involved taking screenshots of the Gimps image window and reloading the file in Blender (3d application) 10 times a second, but this is far from Ideal.

A Nice inbetween solution would be to have some plugin that stored an image's tile cache as a flat image file (bmp/tif any format would do) WHen the tile cache was updated, the image would be updated on the hard disk.
There would be lots of other issues to deal with- Like which resolution of tile cache to use, but Basicly All Im interested in is an updated image- Even if it changes to match teh view resolution, or some parts dont update of there off screen..

This would allow editing in a 3d application and painting at the same time which is very usefull.

Any suggestions?

Oh, by the way, only basic C coding experience, good with Python tho. - Cam

Sven Neumann
2005-06-09 21:14:28 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Campbell Barton writes:

A Nice inbetween solution would be to have some plugin that stored an image's tile cache as a flat image file (bmp/tif any format would do) WHen the tile cache was updated, the image would be updated on the hard disk.

What is the image's tile cache?

Sven

Campbell Barton
2005-06-10 04:02:22 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Dosent Gimp cache the view area into tiles?, if not then I suppose youd need another way to get the flattened version. of the image. But the view must be kept in memory somewhere? - And thats all that would need to be exported.
- Cam

Hi,

Campbell Barton writes:

What is the image's tile cache?

Sven