RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

help required

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

42760897.8060608@prodigylab... Rajesh T.S 02 May 13:01
  help required Michael Schumacher 02 May 20:07
   help required Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 03 May 05:08
Michael Schumacher
2005-05-02 20:07:33 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

help required

Rajesh T.S wrote:

Hi all,
I am very newly introduced to GIMP. now i need to do 2D image rotation and needs to read pixel values at some specified coordinates. can anyone guide me in this aspect by pointing to me any simple example codes written using GIMP libraries ...

First advice:

Configure your mailer to not send HTML and to not attach vcf files.

HTH, Michael

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-05-03 05:08:55 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

help required

On Monday 02 May 2005 15:07, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Rajesh T.S wrote:

Hi all,
I am very newly introduced to GIMP. now i need to do 2D image rotation and needs to read pixel values at some specified coordinates. can anyone guide me in this aspect by pointing to me any simple example codes written using GIMP libraries ...

First advice:

Configure your mailer to not send HTML and to not attach vcf files.

And after the first advice, to answer your question:

If all you need is what you describe,m you are in agood position to use the GIMP - Python bindings. You will be at a disvantadge if you are in a non-posix OS, though, as GIMP-Python bindings do not build on this peculiar platform.

Just install/compile gimp-python, check the example scripts (sphre.py). If you need to learn python, 20 or 30 minutes at www.gimp.org, pick the links to the tutorial, will do.

And them, just check what functions you need from the GIMP's PDB (XTNS->PDB browser) , like the gimp_drawable_get_pixel function.

It is not really hard.

You can also do similar in scheme and C languages, if you prefer,or even perl.

Regards,

JS
->

HTH,
Michael