RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp cvs fails to build with mingw/msys

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp cvs fails to build with mingw/msys Hans Breuer 08 Apr 19:04
  gimp cvs fails to build with mingw/msys Andreas Røsdal 08 Apr 19:14
   gimp cvs fails to build with mingw/msys Michael Schumacher 09 Apr 02:24
   gimp cvs fails to build with mingw/msys Sven Neumann 09 Apr 02:38
Hans Breuer
2005-04-08 19:04:28 UTC (about 19 years ago)

To get an educated opinion about the other way to build The GIMP on win32 I've tried an succeeded to build the dependencies from cvs following Owen's description from http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-January/msg00091.html

But The GIMP's build fails without giving me any clu how to fix it. Can anybody tell me what's going wrong?

Thanks, Hans

hb@ATHLON ~/gimp
$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/gtk --disable-print

I am testing that you have the required versions of libtool, autoconf, automake, glib-gettextize and intltoolize. This test is not foolproof, so if anything goes wrong, see the file HACKING for more information...

Looks like Win32, you will need libtool 1.5 or newer.

checking for libtool >= 1.5 ... yes (version 1.5.8) checking for gtkdocize ... yes
checking for autoconf >= 2.54 ... yes (version 2.56) checking for automake >= 1.7 ... yes (version 1.7.1) checking for glib-gettextize >= 2.2.0 ... yes (version 2.7.0) checking for intltool >= 0.31 ... yes (version 0.33) checking for xsltproc ... yes

I am going to run ./configure with the following arguments:

--enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/gtk --disable-print

/tmp/am4t5200.1592/traces.m4:1384: /bin/m4: Error matching regular expression "^ *\(.*\) *$" Use of uninitialized value in split at /bin/automake-1.7 line 5077, line 413. automake-1.7: no `Makefile.am' found or specified

Andreas Røsdal
2005-04-08 19:14:36 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Hans Breuer wrote:

To get an educated opinion about the other way to build The GIMP on win32 I've tried an succeeded to build the dependencies from cvs following Owen's description from http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-January/msg00091.html

But The GIMP's build fails without giving me any clu how to fix it. Can anybody tell me what's going wrong?

/tmp/am4t5200.1592/traces.m4:1384: /bin/m4: Error matching regular expression "^ *\(.*\) *$" Use of uninitialized value in split at /bin/automake-1.7 line 5077, line 413. automake-1.7: no `Makefile.am' found or specified

Hi,

I've found that using the latest version of automake and autoconf will solve this problem. Also, this page might help you: http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp_2fMicrosoftWindows

The wiki-page is great, but I think it could be even more specific in some areas.

Andreas Røsdal

Michael Schumacher
2005-04-09 02:24:15 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Andreas Røsdal wrote:

I've found that using the latest version of automake and autoconf will solve this problem. Also, this page might help you: http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp_2fMicrosoftWindows

The wiki-page is great, but I think it could be even more specific in some areas.

The problem is that someone who only tried to build a release tarball moved my page about this (it is the 'Old' version now), didn't try to integrate his instructions and doesn't seem to maintain it anymore...

Feedback is appreciated, I think I will try to combine the instructions into one page again and think about a better way to maintain the list of files.

HTH,
Michael

Sven Neumann
2005-04-09 02:38:49 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

Andreas Røsdal writes:

It is a Wiki, which means that you can edit it if you think that you can improve it.

Sven