RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Version 0.9.8 of Tiny-Fu is available, and feature/string freeze.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Version 0.9.8 of Tiny-Fu is available, and feature/string freeze. Kevin Cozens 27 Mar 21:54
  Version 0.9.8 of Tiny-Fu is available, and feature/string freeze. Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 27 Mar 22:06
   Version 0.9.8 of Tiny-Fu is available, and feature/string freeze. Sven Neumann 27 Mar 23:49
Kevin Cozens
2005-03-27 21:54:33 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Greetings, all.

A tarball of version 0.9.8 of Tiny-Fu is now available at: http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/software/gimp/tiny-fu.html

It was barely a week between the release of the 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 versions. The main work for this new release was started before 0.9.7 was made available. The 0.9.7 version provided a stable base of code from which to work prior to the big changes that were about to be introduced to the Scheme interpreter.

This latest version includes one useful bug fix and one important new feature. The bug fix allows Tiny-Fu to be used with GIMP in batch mode. The important new feature is support for UTF-8 coded strings. This allows the creation and use of scripts which need to manipulate strings written in non-English languages. You can see an example of what is now possible on the main web site for Tiny-Fu.

It has been almost exactly one year since Tiny-Fu successfully run its first script. The 0.9.8 version also marks another important milestone in the life of this plug-in. This version is a release candidate for a 1.0 version. As a result, the plug-in is now in feature and string freeze. No new features will be added or strings changed until after the release of a 1.0 version.

The one set of changes I will accept are any updates to the translation files which are very out-of-date with the exception of en_CA, en_GB, and pt_BR.

Prior to the release of 1.0, I will be running some additional tests and would appreciate any reports of problems I may have missed. I will also be starting to make the changes needed to allow Tiny-Fu to be used with the current CVS versions of GIMP. Any submissions related to new features will be held until after 1.0 is released or will be incorporated in to the version for use with CVS GIMP.

Changes since the 0.9.7 release:

- Added UTF-8 support to the TinyScheme interpreter.

- Changes to allow use of Tiny-Fu with batch mode. Fixes bug #167964.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-03-27 22:06:19 UTC (about 19 years ago)

It ocurred to me that most GIMP translations are done by people working on the Gnome translation teams.

These teams intensify their work (ok, at least pt_BR team), on the verge of stable gnome releases.

Since GIMP packages are released in a different schedulle, I guess that this string freeze message should be forwarded to a global gnome-l10n mailing list, or many languages will only update tiny-fu when gnome 2.12 gets close.

Regards, JS
->

On Sunday 27 March 2005 16:54, Kevin Cozens wrote:

Greetings, all.

A tarball of version 0.9.8 of Tiny-Fu is now available at: http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/software/gimp/tiny-fu.html

It was barely a week between the release of the 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 versions. The main work for this new release was started before 0.9.7 was made available. The 0.9.7 version provided a stable base of code from which to work prior to the big changes that were about to be introduced to the Scheme interpreter.

This latest version includes one useful bug fix and one important new feature. The bug fix allows Tiny-Fu to be used with GIMP in batch mode. The important new feature is support for UTF-8 coded strings. This allows the creation and use of scripts which need to manipulate strings written in non-English languages. You can see an example of what is now possible on the main web site for Tiny-Fu.

It has been almost exactly one year since Tiny-Fu successfully run its first script. The 0.9.8 version also marks another important milestone in the life of this plug-in. This version is a release candidate for a 1.0 version. As a result, the plug-in is now in feature and string freeze. No new features will be added or strings changed until after the release of a 1.0 version.

The one set of changes I will accept are any updates to the translation files which are very out-of-date with the exception of en_CA, en_GB, and pt_BR.

Prior to the release of 1.0, I will be running some additional tests and would appreciate any reports of problems I may have missed. I will also be starting to make the changes needed to allow Tiny-Fu to be used with the current CVS versions of GIMP. Any submissions related to new features will be held until after 1.0 is released or will be incorporated in to the version for use with CVS GIMP.

Changes since the 0.9.7 release:

- Added UTF-8 support to the TinyScheme interpreter.

- Changes to allow use of Tiny-Fu with batch mode. Fixes bug #167964.

Sven Neumann
2005-03-27 23:49:42 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" writes:

Since GIMP packages are released in a different schedulle, I guess that this string freeze message should be forwarded to a global gnome-l10n mailing list

The right list for this is gnome-i18n.

Sven