RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Adaptive Contrast Enhancement

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Adaptive Contrast Enhancement martin.weber1@allianz.de 02 Mar 07:52
  Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Sven Neumann 02 Mar 13:30
   Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Shlomi Fish 02 Mar 14:59
    Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Sven Neumann 02 Mar 16:33
     Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Shlomi Fish 02 Mar 17:39
      Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Sven Neumann 02 Mar 21:36
   Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 02 Mar 15:12
martin.weber1@allianz.de
2005-03-02 07:52:04 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Shlomi Fish and I independently ported the ACE plugin to GIMP 2.0 /2.2. Now both codes are reunited again. I think it works very well now. Shlomi removed a lot of bugs I was not able to correct. It would be great if it could be added to GIMP-2.2 itself now. Anyone against this idea?
http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=5221

Greetings Martin

Sven Neumann
2005-03-02 13:30:55 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

martin.weber1@allianz.de writes:

Shlomi Fish and I independently ported the ACE plugin to GIMP 2.0/2.2. Now both codes are reunited again. I think it works very well now. Shlomi removed a lot of bugs I was not able to correct. It would be great if it could be added to GIMP-2.2 itself now. Anyone against this idea?

No new features in a stable version, so there's no way this plug-in is going to be added to GIMP 2.2.

Sven

Shlomi Fish
2005-03-02 14:59:45 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 14:30, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Shlomi Fish and I independently ported the ACE plugin to GIMP 2.0/2.2. Now both codes are reunited again. I think it works very well now. Shlomi removed a lot of bugs I was not able to correct. It would be great if it could be added to GIMP-2.2 itself now. Anyone against this idea?

No new features in a stable version, so there's no way this plug-in is going to be added to GIMP 2.2.

Well, how about adding it in gimp-2.3?

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il Homepage: http://www.shlomifish.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-03-02 15:12:29 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 09:30, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

I am pretty sure he meant adding it to CVS,a nd have it in the next stable release.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2005-03-02 16:33:45 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

Shlomi Fish writes:

That depends on whether you would prefer to have it included or would like to distribute it separately. I also haven't checked the code yet.

Sven

Shlomi Fish
2005-03-02 17:39:09 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 17:33, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Shlomi Fish writes:

That depends on whether you would prefer to have it included or would like to distribute it separately.

I would prefer to have it included.

I also haven't checked the code yet.

Well, the code is quite full of FIXME statements (including in the PDB documentation), and possibly has some memory leaks. (which were hard to trace because valgrind reported many other memory leaks in Xlib and in libfontconfig.).

I guess it would need more work.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il Homepage: http://www.shlomifish.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.

Sven Neumann
2005-03-02 21:36:15 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

Shlomi Fish writes:

I would prefer to have it included.

Perhaps you should add it to CVS then. The sooner the better.

Sven