RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

MIDI control OSX

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

MIDI control OSX matt@tinysongs.com 02 Feb 17:14
  MIDI control OSX Simon Budig 02 Feb 17:33
  MIDI control OSX Sven Neumann 02 Feb 20:30
   MIDI control OSX Michael Natterer 03 Feb 15:17
    MIDI control OSX matt@tinysongs.com 03 Feb 15:24
matt@tinysongs.com
2005-02-02 17:14:24 UTC (about 19 years ago)

MIDI control OSX

Hi!

Is MIDI contol available for OSX versions of the GIMP yet?

Matt

Simon Budig
2005-02-02 17:33:49 UTC (about 19 years ago)

MIDI control OSX

matt@tinysongs.com (matt@tinysongs.com) wrote:

Not that I am aware of. It needs a person who knows about programming MIDI on OSX. Neither mitch nor I have this knowledge.

Bye, Simon

Sven Neumann
2005-02-02 20:30:03 UTC (about 19 years ago)

MIDI control OSX

Hi,

matt@tinysongs.com writes:

No, it is currently limited to the Linux OSS and ALSA sound architectures. If you want to add support for OSX, feel free to hack on modules/controller_midi.c.

Sven

Michael Natterer
2005-02-03 15:17:12 UTC (about 19 years ago)

MIDI control OSX

Sven Neumann writes:

Hi,

No, it is currently limited to the Linux OSS and ALSA sound architectures. If you want to add support for OSX, feel free to hack on modules/controller_midi.c.

To be more precise, the OSS version just reads a raw MIDI stream from a device or file, So if you can manage to provide such a thing under OSX, it will work out of the box.

ciao, --mitch

matt@tinysongs.com
2005-02-03 15:24:05 UTC (about 19 years ago)

MIDI control OSX

Ok, thanks. After a few convincing e-mails, I am going to take a stab at trying to get the OSX version of the GIMP to work with CoreMIDI. I basically don't know what I am doing, but I have some limited programming skills and a nice C++ book to learn from.

Quoting Michael Natterer :

Sven Neumann writes:

Hi,

To be more precise, the OSS version just reads a raw MIDI stream from a device or file, So if you can manage to provide such a thing under OSX, it will work out of the box.

ciao, --mitch