RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed problem Jordi Cantón 09 Jan 11:47
  assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed problem Sven Neumann 09 Jan 19:58
   assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed problem Jordi Cantón 10 Jan 20:12
    assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed problem Michael Schumacher 10 Jan 20:21
   assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed problem Jordi Cantón 10 Jan 21:36
Jordi Cantón
2005-01-09 11:47:49 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hello,

I have just translated the gimp color manager plugin of Karl Heinz Kremer to work with gimp 2.0.x using the plugin template 1.3.3.

It works ok, in fact I have used it to apply ICC scanner color correction profiles to more than 120 pics without any problems under gimp 2.0.0/Suse Linux 9.1.

My problem is that when using the plugin gimp reports the following error:

(gimp-color-manager:10169): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmain.c: line 1151 (gtk_main_quit): assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed

I suppose that it's my fault and something is missing in the plugin, but I have no idea about what it could be. (I have no experience with GTK)

I left the full source of the modified plugin in this link

ftp://www.virtual-sub.org/gimp-color-manager.tgz

I want to get this bug corrected before releasing the modified plugin to everyone. Any ideas? I suppose that it's a very silly and simple bug, but as I told before I have no experience with GTK nor GIMP plugin programming.

Thanks in advance

Sven Neumann
2005-01-09 19:58:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Jordi Cantón writes:

My problem is that when using the plugin gimp reports the following error:

(gimp-color-manager:10169): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmain.c: line 1151 (gtk_main_quit): assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed

Which is not surprising since you connect the "destroy" signal of the dialog to gtk_main_quit() even though you are using the main_loop of GimpDialog.

I left the full source of the modified plugin in this link

ftp://www.virtual-sub.org/gimp-color-manager.tgz

This could need a good deal of cleanup. There's lots of traces of the plug-in-template in there that should be removed. Also may I ask why you used version 1.3.3 of gimp-plugin-template instead of the newer 2.2.0 release?

Sven

Jordi Cantón
2005-01-10 20:12:25 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Which is not surprising since you connect the "destroy" signal of the dialog to gtk_main_quit() even though you are using the main_loop of GimpDialog.

That was the point, thanks. That signals came from the original gimp-color-manager plugin.
As I told before I never programmed with GTK before.

This could need a good deal of cleanup. There's lots of traces of the plug-in-template in there that should be removed.

I already removed all the references to gimp-plugin-template from everywhere in the project. I have to clean-up all the code checking the headers, removing test code, etc.
The idea of this was only to make a first quick port of gimp-color-manager 0.0.8 to gimp 2.0.0 as I needed it to apply scanner profiles and version 0.0.8 didn't work with gimp 2.0.0

Also may I ask why
you used version 1.3.3 of gimp-plugin-template instead of the newer 2.2.0 release?

Well, I started the port on December 5th and I finished it on December 9th, I just used the last version of the template available at that moment. I have been using it since then. I contacted with the original author, but he don't have a develoment configuration with gimp 2.2 so that's the reason why I am here.

In fact this is only the very first step. My roadmap is more or less the following

- Do some cleanup to the code - Add Spanish and Catalan translations plus some documentation - Release the version 0.0.9

In fact some part of this plugin are redundant as in the actual version on Gimp There is a plugin that manages screen profiles and there are people workin in aplying profiles to the printed output. The idea is to remove all the redundant parts and leave only the application of scanner ICC profiles to the image.

Thanks again for the help

Michael Schumacher
2005-01-10 20:21:03 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Jordi Cantón wrote:

In fact this is only the very first step. My roadmap is more or less the following

- Do some cleanup to the code

When trying this plug-in on Win32, I noticed some paths with / in them, /usr/lib/something. This is platform dependant, there a functions in glib to build paths using the system path separator.

Also, it would be nice if the default location for profiles would be system independant, maybe in the users profile/home directory.

In fact some part of this plugin are redundant as in the actual version on Gimp There is a plugin that manages screen profiles and there are people workin in aplying profiles to the printed output.

Which plug-ins are you referring to? If you're tlaking about gimp-print for the printing part, please consider that this isn't available on Win32 - so the color manager could be of some use there.

The idea is to remove all the redundant parts and leave only the application of scanner ICC profiles to the image.

Maybe the initial versiopn should be identical to one available for older versions of GIMP. You can always reove redundant things later.

Michael

Jordi Cantón
2005-01-10 21:36:47 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Michael Schumacher wrote:

When trying this plug-in on Win32, I noticed some paths with / in them, /usr/lib/something. This is platform dependant, there a functions in glib to build paths using the system path separator.

Also, it would be nice if the default location for profiles would be system independant, maybe in the users profile/home directory.

You're right I maintained the original paths of the plug-in, which are system dependant. I'll take it into account in the clean-up.

In fact some part of this plugin are redundant as in the actual version on Gimp There is a plugin that manages screen profiles and there are people workin in aplying profiles to the printed output.

Which plug-ins are you referring to? If you're tlaking about gimp-print for the printing part, please consider that this isn't available on Win32 - so the color manager could be of some use there.

I was referring to gimp-print and to the libcdisplay_proof (for printer and screen respectively)

The idea is to remove all the redundant parts and leave only the application of scanner ICC profiles to the image.

Maybe the initial versiopn should be identical to one available for older versions of GIMP. You can always reove redundant things later.

I agree, in fact I started with this because I was an user of the plug-in in the older versions of GIMP and I couldn't wait for a newer version of the plug-in because I had already a stock of slides that needed to be scanned.