RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New "Recompose" procedure for cvs head.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New "Recompose" procedure for cvs head. William Skaggs 28 Dec 22:25
William Skaggs
2004-12-28 22:25:42 UTC (over 19 years ago)

New "Recompose" procedure for cvs head.

Hi,

I have added a new procedure to the pdb in CVS head by making some modifications to plug-ins/common/compose.c.

It is called "Recompose", and is accessible from Filters->Colors and Image->Mode. It can be run on any of the grayscale images produced by Decompose, and runs without asking any questions or showing any dialog -- its effect is to compose the layers in the inverse of the way that they were decomposed, and substitute the result for the layer that was originally decomposed to produce them. The Recompose operation can be undone by undoing on the image that was originally decomposed.

The net result is that this should make it much more convenient to do some operations on the individual color channels of a layer: you simply decompose it, manipulate the grayscale layers however you please, then recompose.

This was made possible by modifying Decompose to add a parasite to the images that it creates, containing the necessary information about which layer was decomposed and how it was done. The parasite is simple ascii text, and non-persistent, so it won't be saved in XCF files. This change should be invisible to users of Decompose.

In the testing I have done, it seems pretty robust and straightforward to use, but of course I am open to any suggestions for improvements.

Note: while working on this, I noticed that Decompose did not add alpha channels to the layers it created. I have fixed this both in cvs head and in the 2.2 branch.

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu