RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp/Blender/python integration

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp/Blender/python integration Gottfried Zojer 28 Dec 21:14
Gimp/Blender/python integration Gottfried Zojer 09 Jan 18:32
Gottfried Zojer
2004-12-28 21:14:47 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hello all,

I m new to gimp in some aspect.Is there anybody working on a integration of blender and gimp to use it it also for scientific visualizations like in astronomy etc. Thanks for any feedback.(The most welcomed language would be python)

Cheers

Gottfried

Gottfried Zojer
2005-01-09 18:32:24 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hallo Joao,

Well there is no specific goal why I m looking for such a integration. It s simple the wish that both gimp and also blender having the best python or scripting interface possible.And if both interfaces are similar I think this is a good idea.
1)
In my view python is the successor of logo. So also a form of programming suitable for kids or young people. 2) With Gimp it is similar.In the meantime it is so powerful that it can turn into a meanstream program beating Photoshop and so with a lot of nice site-effects like a big numbers of books published or projects running
3) And at least with a similar interface it would also help to make the steep learning curve a bit lower for blender.So that it is also a chance for any sort of 3D programming for everybody

Cheers

Gottfried

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 18:14, Gottfried Zojer wrote:

Hello all,

I m new to gimp in some aspect.Is there anybody working on a integration of blender and gimp to use it it also for scientific visualizations like in astronomy etc. Thanks for any feedback.(The most welcomed language would be python)

Cheers

Hi!

Happy new year to you- I am just back from holidays.

:-)

I am not a blender user - but I do python scripts for GIMP.

Threre is a project from a close firendo f mine for, along this year, to have me a couple blender persons working together on a multimedia free-course, that would do Gimp, Blender, Pov-Ray, python scripting and animation.

So, I am interested in keeping in touch on this subject!

Do you have any work in progreess, any specific requests, or were just trying to find more people?

Regards!!

JS ->

Gottfried