RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2) Owen 27 Nov 22:51
  Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2) GSR - FR 28 Nov 01:30
  Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2) Carol Spears 28 Nov 01:32
  Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2) Sven Neumann 28 Nov 01:46
   Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2) Owen Cook 28 Nov 04:52
    Order of Menu items (2.2Pre2) Sven Neumann 28 Nov 12:19
Owen
2004-11-27 22:51:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Could someone advise me what to edit to get the default menu listing for interpolation to show "Cubic (Best)" instead of "Linear"

My guess is that it is in one or all of

app/base/base-enums.c app/base/base-enums.h

libgimp/gimpenums.h libgimp/gimpenums.c

But my guesses are usually wrong. There doesn't seem to be any logic to what is written in there and what is displayed, but that is simply a lack of my comprehension of the C coding

I would experiment by simply changing the order of the interpolation items in the above files, but with a couple of hours per build it could be a long experiment.

TIA

GSR - FR
2004-11-28 01:30:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

rcook@pcug.org.au (2004-11-28 at 0851.35 +1100):

Could someone advise me what to edit to get the default menu listing for interpolation to show "Cubic (Best)" instead of "Linear"

Probably the Prefs.

GSR

Carol Spears
2004-11-28 01:32:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 08:51:35AM +1100, Owen wrote:

this is more easily done via Preferences. i would like to suggest that you try the different methods on the same image and use your own eyes to determine "Best", however.

maybe my eyesight is not so good, but Cubic seems fuzzy to me compared to Linear which makes sharper lines where there should be lines.

more is not always better, especially when it comes to computations. what is one more dimension when you are working with a 2 dimensional thing?

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-11-28 01:46:34 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Owen writes:

You don't need to hack the source to edit your preferences. GIMP has a dialog for this or you could edit your gimprc:

(interpolation?type linear)

Sets the level of interpolation used for scaling and other transformations. Possible values are none, linear and cubic.

Sven

Owen Cook
2004-11-28 04:52:53 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

Owen writes:

You don't need to hack the source to edit your preferences. GIMP has a dialog for this or you could edit your gimprc:

(interpolation�type linear)

Sets the level of interpolation used for scaling and other transformations. Possible values are none, linear and cubic.

Thank you.

Possibly of zero relevance but the installation of 2.2Pre installed a

/test/gimp-2.2/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc

I have a number of other installations and the gimprc file seemed to be installed in a sub directory that reflected the version, eg,

/opt/etc/gimp/2.1/gimprc

Owen

Sven Neumann
2004-11-28 12:19:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Owen Cook writes:

Possibly of zero relevance but the installation of 2.2Pre installed a

/test/gimp-2.2/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc

I have a number of other installations and the gimprc file seemed to be installed in a sub directory that reflected the version, eg,

/opt/etc/gimp/2.1/gimprc

That is the correct behaviour for GIMP 2.2 which is a backward compatible replacement for GIMP 2.0. This has been explained further in the release notes.

Sven