RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

reading directories with ~

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

reading directories with ~ Gezim Hoxha 13 Nov 22:18
  reading directories with ~ Sven Neumann 14 Nov 00:32
   reading directories with ~ Gezim Hoxha 14 Nov 01:48
   reading directories with ~ Gezim Hoxha 14 Nov 02:25
    reading directories with ~ Sven Neumann 14 Nov 03:22
Gezim Hoxha
2004-11-13 22:18:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi all.

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported but I just found out what I can't read a directory that starts with a ~ (tilda, the actual name is
"~gezim.hoxha")...I know that I'm supposed to "search" bugzilla and then report this...but frankly I registered an account and it's too complicated...so if anyone wants to file this bug good...if not umm...I'll just change the directory name :D

-Gezim

Sven Neumann
2004-11-14 00:32:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Gezim Hoxha writes:

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported but I just found out what I can't read a directory that starts with a ~ (tilda, the actual name is
"~gezim.hoxha")...I know that I'm supposed to "search" bugzilla and then report this...but frankly I registered an account and it's too complicated...so if anyone wants to file this bug good...if not umm...I'll just change the directory name :D

You could at least mention what version of GIMP you are using.

Sven

Gezim Hoxha
2004-11-14 01:48:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Sorry I forgot, it was 2.0.4 then I upgraded to 2.0.6 but still it seems unable to open them. At the bottom of the Open Image window it said "Folder unreadable: success"...

-Gezim

Gezim Hoxha
2004-11-14 02:25:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Actually Sven I'll try and report this on my own, I found some guides on how to report bugs at the bugzilla site ...I'll see how it goes because it's really interesting bug..

--- Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Gezim Hoxha writes:

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported but I

just

found out what I can't read a directory that

starts

with a ~ (tilda, the actual name is "~gezim.hoxha")...I know that I'm supposed to

"search"

bugzilla and then report this...but frankly I registered an account and it's too

complicated...so if

anyone wants to file this bug good...if not

umm...I'll

just change the directory name :D

Sven

__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com

Sven Neumann
2004-11-14 03:22:53 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Gezim Hoxha writes:

Actually Sven I'll try and report this on my own, I found some guides on how to report bugs at the bugzilla site ...I'll see how it goes because it's really interesting bug..

Yes, the bug report was well done. Unfortunately it had been reported before (bug #155577) and seems to be caused by the old GTK+ file selection widget which has been deprecated and replaced by GtkFileChooser. The new widget seems to handle those names just fine. This mean there's no such problem in GIMP 2.2 and the GIMP 2.0 tree as well as the GTK+ file selection widget aren't maintained any longer. Thus I had to close your nice bug report as WONTFIX.

Sven