RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash Popolon 12 Nov 23:03
  fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash Carol Spears 14 Nov 19:08
  fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash Carol Spears 16 Nov 18:13
   fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash Sven Neumann 16 Nov 20:17
Popolon
2004-11-12 23:03:01 UTC (over 19 years ago)

fresh cvs gimp-gap dosn't compile anymore with gimp-2.0.

I tried to compile it with fresh cvs (today cvs) That's OK, but it definitivly crash with unknown symbols, is there anything special to do, for using it?

I compiled it with

--enable-gdkpixbuf-pview --disable-libmpeg3

configure options.

Here, the error messages:

Trying to launch storyboard:

/mnt/hdc7/softs/gimp-cvs-20041112/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gap_storyboard: relocation error:
/mnt/hdc7/softs/gimp-cvs-20041112/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gap_storyboard: undefined symbol: gimp_frame_new

(gimp:9655): Gimp-Plug-In-WARNING **: gimp: plug_in_flush(): error: Broken pipe

Trying to launch navigator: /mnt/hdc7/softs/gimp-cvs-20041112/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gap_navigator_dialog: relocation error:
/mnt/hdc7/softs/gimp-cvs-20041112/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gap_navigator_dialog: undefined symbol: gimp_image_combo_box_new

(gimp:9655): Gimp-Plug-In-WARNING **: gimp: plug_in_flush(): error: Broken pipe

Carol Spears
2004-11-14 19:08:42 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:03:01PM +0100, Popolon wrote:

I tried to compile it with fresh cvs (today cvs) That's OK, but it definitivly crash with unknown symbols, is there anything special to do, for using it?

i am compiling this plug-in successfully with cvs gimp. is this possible for you to try?

I compiled it with

--enable-gdkpixbuf-pview --disable-libmpeg3

configure options.

can i ask the reason to use --enable-gdkpixbuf-pview ? an this might be the problem. thumbnails have changed a lot between the two gimps.

i am not sure how gap makes its thumbnails without this option enabled, but i have thumbnails in two cases when i run gap. for the video navigator and also for Animation Playback (that seems to come from gimp source and not gap).

let me know how it goes without gdkpixbug-pview if you are able to try it.

carol

Carol Spears
2004-11-16 18:13:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:03:01PM +0100, Popolon wrote:

hi,

i answered this a few days ago. apparently my suggestion was good, my reasons were not.

wolfgang sent me this: here are my notes on a recent gimp-developer posting: "fresh cvs gimp-gap and cvs gimp-2.2 crash"

(I am not subscribed and read the list via archive, but you may forward my comments to the list)

current CVS gimp-gap is NOT backwards compatible with GIMP-2.0.x. It requires at least GIMP-2.1.7

(because it now uses some of the new GIMP widgets: gimp_frame_new
gimp_image_combo_box_new
)

the gap configure.in file still checks for gimp-2.0 (this is a bug)

Wolfgang.

Sven Neumann
2004-11-16 20:17:15 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

the gap configure.in file still checks for gimp-2.0 (this is a bug)

I have now changed the configure check in gimp-gap to test for gimp >= 2.2.0 (yes, the pre-releases declare their version as 2.2.0 already).

Sven