RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

external API

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

external API Johannes Zillmann 09 Nov 22:13
  external API Sven Neumann 09 Nov 23:12
Johannes Zillmann
2004-11-09 22:13:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

external API

Dear Developers,

i intend to use some gimp functionality like extract basic informations from pictures( size, resolution,..) or format converations from an other program. Is there something like an external API ?

Could somebody of you give me hints where to quote ?
best regards
Johannes

Sven Neumann
2004-11-09 23:12:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

external API

Hi,

Johannes Zillmann writes:

i intend to use some gimp functionality like extract basic informations from pictures( size, resolution,..) or format converations from an other program. Is there something like an external API ?

Sure. GIMP maintains a database of procedures. Some are provided by the GIMP core, others are added by plug-ins and scripts. All these procedures can be accessed from plug-ins and scripts. There are bindings available for lots of languages including but not limited to C, Perl, Python and Scheme. A good start is to have a look at the Procedure Browser located in the Xtns menu and the GIMP reference manuals which are online at http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/.

Sven