RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Preview bug in all filter previews.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Preview bug in all filter previews. Campbell Barton 09 Nov 03:30
  Preview bug in all filter previews. Sven Neumann 09 Nov 15:09
Campbell Barton
2004-11-09 03:30:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I small bug ois that the selected channels are ignored when makinf the preview.
- Try only select the red channel of an image and then apply a gausian blur

*The preview shows blur for all channels *The result is only on the red channel-

Somtimes I only want to blur a channel so the preview isnt correct in these situations.

Its obviously less processing to compute the plugin on less chanels so I think this should be added.
- Cam

Sven Neumann
2004-11-09 15:09:27 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Campbell Barton writes:

I small bug ois that the selected channels are ignored when makinf the preview.
- Try only select the red channel of an image and then apply a gausian blur

*The preview shows blur for all channels *The result is only on the red channel-

Somtimes I only want to blur a channel so the preview isnt correct in these situations.

Its obviously less processing to compute the plugin on less chanels so I think this should be added.

Note that the plug-in doesn't know about the fact that a channel is inactive. It's the core that keeps inactive channels from being changed so the computation is done on all channels. Your last statement isn't obvious; it's wrong even.

It would definitely be more complex to take the active components into account in the preview widget but it would not be impossible. If you open an enhancement request for it, someone might implement this feature one day.

Sven