RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Dialog layouts in 2.2pre1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Dialog layouts in 2.2pre1 shaneyfelt@juno.com 06 Nov 07:53
Dialog layouts in 2.2pre1 Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath 07 Nov 08:22
  Dialog layouts in 2.2pre1 Sven Neumann 07 Nov 17:22
Dialog layouts in 2.2pre1 Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath 08 Nov 13:38
shaneyfelt@juno.com
2004-11-06 07:53:03 UTC (over 19 years ago)

It is a secret conspiracy to kill off the file chooser

I read about that...

http://farbror.acc.umu.se/conspiracy/

Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath
2004-11-07 08:22:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I haven't yet checked out 2.2, i hope i soon will. But any way i have this idea, i think i must post to the gtk team. Yet i am posting it here too, if GIMP can temporarily achieve at implementing this idea. What about a button on the dialog which switches between the "Good old" dialog box and the "New cool" dialog box. It may also have a shortcut key and an option included in the gimp's preferences dialog about which should be default.

Signature: Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal,
Mithrakoota,
Bhoj Rao's Lane Dongerkery,
Mangalore- 575003
MOBILE : 9845061385
IMMOBILE 0824-2491499
http://www.geocities.com/kamathln

Sven Neumann
2004-11-07 17:22:11 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath" writes:

I haven't yet checked out 2.2, i hope i soon will. But any way i have this idea, i think i must post to the gtk team. Yet i am posting it here too, if GIMP can temporarily achieve at implementing this idea. What about a button on the dialog which switches between the "Good old" dialog box and the "New cool" dialog box. It may also have a shortcut key and an option included in the gimp's preferences dialog about which should be default.

Would you mind to explain what's the "Good old" dialog box and the "New cool" dialog box? If you are talking about the file-chooser then the answer is that it would not be feasible to do this. The APIs of the two widgets differ. It's not a matter of look and feel. It's a completely rewritten widget with a completely different API and lots of different functionality. Also I don't see any advantage in doing what you suggest. It would only introduce inconsistency and bloat.

Sven

Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath
2004-11-08 13:38:01 UTC (over 19 years ago)

...........If you are talking about the file-chooser then the answer is that it would not be feasible to do this. The APIs of the two widgets differ. It's not a matter of look and feel. It's a completely rewritten widget with a completely different API and lots of different functionality. Also I don't see any advantage in doing what you suggest. It would only introduce inconsistency and bloat. Sven
------------------------------

Then I was right, I must post this enh to gtk team ;)

Signature: Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal,
Mithrakoota,
Bhoj Rao's Lane Dongerkery,
Mangalore- 575003
MOBILE : 9845061385
IMMOBILE 0824-2491499
http://www.geocities.com/kamathln