RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Devel-Doc

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Devel-Doc Cai Qian 14 Oct 20:53
  Devel-Doc Sven Neumann 15 Oct 00:09
Cai Qian
2004-10-14 20:53:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Devel-Doc

Hi,
I am working on developer docs now. However there hasn't any short description in "Gimp Application", also no "tmpl" folder too. So I want to know how to handle this section (edit sgml file or skip ?).

My work is based on release version 2.1.6, because either anoncvs.gnome.org (1700+ ms) or anoncvs.gimp.org (1600+ ms) is too slow from here. So please tell me how to contribute these files in your prefered way.

Regards

Sven Neumann
2004-10-15 00:09:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Devel-Doc

Hi,

Cai Qian writes:

I am working on developer docs now. However there hasn't any short description in "Gimp Application", also no "tmpl" folder too. So I want to know how to handle this section (edit sgml file or skip ?).

Please skip that part. This is the documentation of the internal API. It is completely generated from source and we don't intend to ever edit the templates so they aren't even in CVS. The internal API is simply changing too fast to attempt to polish the API reference manual for it. For the moment we should focus on getting a completely documented plug-in API.

My work is based on release version 2.1.6, because either anoncvs.gnome.org (1700+ ms) or anoncvs.gimp.org (1600+ ms) is too slow from here. So please tell me how to contribute these files in your prefered way.

A patch against 2.1.6 should be fine. I all goes well, you should be able to download 2.1.7 from ftp.gimp.org later so perhaps you could try to create a diff against 2.1.7.

Sven