RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Wishlist] Scalable vector brushes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Wishlist] Scalable vector brushes Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath 06 Oct 18:14
  [Wishlist] Scalable vector brushes GSR - FR 06 Oct 18:48
Laxminarayan Ammembal Kamath
2004-10-06 18:14:05 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Having scalable vector brushes would be so cool. you need not be stuck to the size to which the brush was developed!

Hi my name is Laxminaayan Kamath. I am actually a user but keep getting such ideas. i joined the group bcoz i think i have annoyed sven@gimp.org too much on bugzilla with these wishlist items. is this a proper place to discuss these things?

can i post more than one idea at once? unlike bugzilla? i got loads of them (over months that is ;)

Signature: Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal,
Mithrakoota,
Bhoj Rao's Lane Dongerkery,
Mangalore- 575003
MOBILE : 9845061385
IMMOBILE 0824-2491499
http://www.geocities.com/kamathln

GSR - FR
2004-10-06 18:48:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

kamathln@rediffmail.com (2004-10-06 at 1614.05 -0000):

Having scalable vector brushes would be so cool. you need not be stuck to the size to which the brush was developed!

They exist for a long time (1.2 has circular/ellipse), and I think Simon has added more shapes recently. What is needed is scalable pixmaps so you do a really big one and can have all the smaller sizes computed as you want (tablet pressure does it already, but only while you are painting, no as base) and complex procedural ones (ie, spray tip, with size X and typical splotch of size Y, which is not possible with scaling a pixmap, cos Y would change as X changes). And I think this has been covered in bug reports too, so you should search before opening new ones.

GSR