RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bounty for PyGimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Bounty for PyGimp Kent Tenney 03 Oct 03:34
  Bounty for PyGimp David Neary 03 Oct 14:27
Kent Tenney
2004-10-03 03:34:37 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Bounty for PyGimp

Howdy,

As someone who would dearly love to see PyGimp a reality, I was interested to see at:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/bounties

(Ubuntu Linux is a Linux distribution funded by Mark Shuttleworth)

"Python scripting everywhere

Python is a great glue language. Ubuntu is open to requests for funding work that needs to be done to make Python the most widespread common scripting language on the net. Please contact us with your ideas and proposals.

Bounties will be offered on Python scripting interfaces for the following tools:

* OpenOffice * Blender
* AbiWord
* Gnumeric
* The GIMP

David Neary
2004-10-03 14:27:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Bounty for PyGimp

Hi Kent,

Kent Tenney wrote:

As someone who would dearly love to see PyGimp a reality, I was interested to see at:

FYI, PyGIMP exists, and has done for quite some time. It appears to be lacking an active maintainer at the moment, and it's not quite a first class binding (that would require some changes in the library code to allow bindings to happen more easily), but it is used.

For the GIMP 2.0 or 2.1, run configure with --enable-python to generate python-fu bindings. There are some example scripts showing its usage.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/bounties

Bounties will be offered on Python scripting interfaces for the following tools:

* The GIMP

This is great news (well, not really news, since the same bounty is on Mark Shuttleworth's site as well), and hopefully this will help reward someone who chooses to work on the bindings. I am still undecided whether bounties (especially ones without a sum attached) provide the motivation to do the work, or are simply a nice way to thank someone who would have done it anyway after the fact. Maybe it will raise the item's priority in someone's TODO stack?

Cheers,
Dave.