RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tiny-Fu 0.9.2: second maintenance release

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tiny-Fu 0.9.2: second maintenance release Kevin Cozens 20 Sep 18:24
Kevin Cozens
2004-09-20 18:24:18 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Tiny-Fu 0.9.2: second maintenance release

Greetings, all.

A tarball of version 0.9.2 of Tiny-Fu is now available at: http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/software/gimp/tiny-fu.html

This is the second maintenance release of Tiny-Fu. The most important change is a fix related to the handling of PDB *ARRAY data types. It also allows more data cells to be allocated by the built-in Scheme interpreter. These two changes (plus some other minor changes) means that Tiny-Fu now installs and runs with 92 of the original Script-Fu scripts.

The patch file which hooks the Tiny-Fu source in to the GIMP source tree has been updated to include the directory containing the language translation files as part of a build. I have created files for en_CA and en_GB with all strings translated.

I would appreciate help from anyone who can help with updating the translation files for other languages. I am not expecting any changes to strings used in the program or accompanying scripts in the near future to allow time for the language translation files to be brought up to date.

The next major tasks on the TODO list for Tiny-Fu are to bring some of the documentation up-to-date, and to take a closer look at including full UTF8 support in the embedded Scheme interpreter.

Changes since the 0.9.1release:

o Fixed cons-array definition which fixed the handling of the PDB *ARRAY data types.
o Changed the 'rand' routine for better compatability with the older SIOD version.
o Allow more data cells to be allocated. As a result, 93 scripts are now installed along with the Tiny-Fu plug-in. o Added constant "gimp-dir" for use in scripts. o Updated English language translation files.