RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Two questions

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Two questions Cai Qian 12 Sep 22:35
  Two questions Sven Neumann 13 Sep 10:07
   Two questions Cai Qian 13 Sep 13:16
    Two questions Sven Neumann 13 Sep 14:01
     Two questions Sven Neumann 13 Sep 14:52
      Two questions Sven Neumann 15 Sep 13:17
       Two questions Cai Qian 16 Sep 07:36
Cai Qian
2004-09-12 22:35:05 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

Hi,
I have 2 questions,

1. When will the 2.2 be released? I hope to complete translation when 2.2 be available.

2. In 2.2, I also hope when press F1 in Gimp (LANGUAGE=zh_CN or LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312, zh_CN.UTF-8...) , it will open the right chinese docs.

Regards,
Cai Qian

Sven Neumann
2004-09-13 10:07:11 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

Hi,

Cai Qian writes:

I have 2 questions,

1. When will the 2.2 be released? I hope to complete translation when 2.2 be available.

We are targetting a 2.2 pre-release in a few weeks and 2.2 final by the end of next month. Translators will be informed (on the gnome-i18n mailing-list) when we enter string freeze.

2. In 2.2, I also hope when press F1 in Gimp (LANGUAGE=zh_CN or LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312, zh_CN.UTF-8...) , it will open the right chinese docs.

Works for me in the 2.1 version. Doesn't it work for you?

Sven

Cai Qian
2004-09-13 13:16:47 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

Works for me in the 2.1 version. Doesn't it work for you?

Not at all. It is still asking for /usr/local/share/gimp/2.1/help/en/gimp-help.xml, I use GIMP 2.1.4 and locale below, also test with `LANGUAGE=fr_FR gimp-2.1`, and seems asking for En docs too. Is there I miss something?

LANGUAGE=zh_CN LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Regards,
Cai Qian

Sven Neumann
2004-09-13 14:01:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

Hi,

Cai Qian writes:

Works for me in the 2.1 version. Doesn't it work for you? Not at

all. It is still asking for
/usr/local/share/gimp/2.1/help/en/gimp-help.xml, I use GIMP 2.1.4 and locale below, also test with `LANGUAGE=fr_FR gimp-2.1`, and seems asking for En docs too. Is there I miss something?

It definitely works if I set LANG, LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL. The LANGUAGE environment variable is a special GNU extension of gettext(). GIMP looks at the locale only and I did not yet consider to add support for this GNU extension. Oh well, perhaps we need to do that then...

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-09-13 14:52:18 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

Hi,

Sven Neumann writes:

It definitely works if I set LANG, LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL. The LANGUAGE environment variable is a special GNU extension of gettext(). GIMP looks at the locale only and I did not yet consider to add support for this GNU extension. Oh well, perhaps we need to do that then...

I have now done this change in CVS and merged it to the stable branch as well:

2004-09-13 Sven Neumann

* app/widgets/gimphelp.c: simulate the behaviour of GNU gettext and look at the LANGUAGE environment variable if the locale is not "C".

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-09-15 13:17:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

Hi,

Sven Neumann writes:

I have now done this change in CVS and merged it to the stable branch as well:

2004-09-13 Sven Neumann

* app/widgets/gimphelp.c: simulate the behaviour of GNU gettext and look at the LANGUAGE environment variable if the locale is not "C".

Did you yet get a chance to test this change? Would be nice to know if it solved the problem for you.

Sven

Cai Qian
2004-09-16 07:36:06 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Two questions

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 19:17, Sven Neumann wrote:

Did you yet get a chance to test this change? Would be nice to know if it solved the problem for you.

Yes, It is working.

Regards, Cai Qian