RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP 2.2 and Gimp-Python

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP 2.2 and Gimp-Python Sven Neumann 08 Sep 09:57
Sven Neumann
2004-09-08 09:57:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

GIMP 2.2 and Gimp-Python

Hi,

while we are talking about Script-Fu and Tiny-Fu, I think we should also bring up the question of what should happen about pygimp.

According to Yosh quite some build problems could be solved by having pygimp in it's own source tree. The idea is to use a typical Python build setup instead of autoconf/automake as is used in the GIMP tree. This used to cause problems for gimp-perl as well and I think that the right solution is to have a separate gimp-python tree with its own releases (of course coordinated with GIMP releases). Using a dedicated Python build setup promises to make pygimp available on the Win32 platform so I think this is a desirable goal. Are there any objections against moving plug-ins/pygimp out of the GIMP source tree into it's own CVS module? Would there be a volunteer who is willing and capable to setup and maintain this package?

Sven