RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ctrl / radio buttons

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

ctrl / radio buttons shaneyfelt@juno.com 02 Sep 23:37
shaneyfelt@juno.com
2004-09-02 23:37:25 UTC (over 19 years ago)

ctrl / radio buttons

IMHO, ctrl key/radio button interaction could be improved for the color picker.

When using Color Picker, ctrl currentlty toggles between Set Foreground Color and Set Background Color - which makes sense, but there are a couple of problems in how it is implemented.

1. The color picker dialog pops up on the first click and becomes the active window. While the color picker dialog is is the active window, the ctrl key does not toggle the the mode.

2. The "Pick Only" mode currently disables the ctrl key from changing modes. It would seem more consistent if the "Pick Only" mode would not disable the ctrl key from changing modes, but I can see the reasoning behind this (if someone bumps the ctrl key and doesn't know about the feature, maybe it should remain in pick only mode - but I think maybe we could remember which mode was without CTRL, and return to the appropriate mode when released to address that issue)

This is tested on: GIMP2.0.4; GTK+2.4.3; Win2K,v5,sp6; and I don't know whether all of the problems occur under different configurations.

Should this be reported as a UI bug?

_-Ted