RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

preparing GIMP 2.2 (fwd)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

preparing GIMP 2.2 (fwd) Alan Horkan 09 Aug 20:48
Alan Horkan
2004-08-09 20:48:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

preparing GIMP 2.2 (fwd)

Forwarding to the list in case others are interested

relevant to bug report http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=145145

plan: moving patterns from Toolbox to the current image

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:52:24 +0100 (BST) From: Alan Horkan
To: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] preparing GIMP 2.2

Status on my pattern changes, in case you are wondering

This list doesn't include tasks that have already been started but

I have most of the patterns done. Now most of them also work off the current selection if there is one.

Problems. I started this work based on Gimp 1.2.x scripts (I presumed the changes would minor and would likely be rejected so I did what was best for my own purposes at the time) and as a result I have had difficulties forward porting Truchoid. I could probably redo my changes staring againts the 2.0 version but it will be a real pain and this will likely delay me significantly.

I have also rewritten Swirly to be between 3-4 orders of magnitude faster. I made it work off the current image too but it adds a new layer containing a square to the current image and I have not sorted out tiling it to the current image yet.

I'll try and get more done this week, with any luck I'll get my head around Swirly and only have Truchoid left to do. Either way I'll post most or all of what I have on my site later in the week and file additional bug reports for the ones that are finshed.

I have spent a lot of time but I have other work I really should be doing and I am not confident I'll be able to spare enough time to get them all done in time for 2.2 but I'd be very dissapointed to have my work left out.

- Alan