RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

wanted: talk at the linxuworldexpo.de

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

wanted: talk at the linxuworldexpo.de Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 06 Aug 18:17
  wanted: talk at the linxuworldexpo.de Sven Neumann 06 Aug 18:33
  wanted: talk at the linxuworldexpo.de Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 06 Aug 19:28
   wanted: talk at the linxuworldexpo.de Carol Spears 07 Aug 04:58
Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2004-08-06 18:17:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Unlike previous years, this year there will be freely attendable .org sessions on the linuxworldexpo.de, which is a great improvement over previous yeras.

Unfortunately, these were added fairly late, and there are still free slots.

I think it would be a great opportunity for some gimp developer (or a technically unchallenged user :) to talk about gimp-2.x, the new features and possibly future plans.

Except that it should be about The Gimp the topic and contents of the talk could be chosen freely.

The LinuxWorld Conference & Expo will be held in Frankfurt, 26. - 28.10.2004, the free slots would be in the evening of the 26th and 27th, from 18:00-19:00.

You can see the preliminary program schedule here: http://www.linuxworldexpo.de/04_03_ixb.php?ID=14&lang=de

You'd be in the company of talks about XBox-Linux (Jens Kühnel), KDE (danimo), GNOME (Sven Herzberg), Debian (Alexander Schmehl) and the OSDL Desktop Linux initiative.

If you are interested, please reply till tomorrow (yes, it's fairly late, sorry).

Thanks,

Sven Neumann
2004-08-06 18:33:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

writes:

If you are interested, please reply till tomorrow (yes, it's fairly late, sorry).

If you can't make it till tomorrow, technical talks related to GIMP and/or GTK+ will also be very much welcomed at 21C3 (http://www.ccc.de/congress/2004).

Sven

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2004-08-06 19:28:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 06:17:32PM +0200, " Marc A. Lehmann " wrote:

Actually till Sunday, sorry, I was confused.

Carol Spears
2004-08-07 04:58:42 UTC (over 19 years ago)

hi,

this is so off-topic i thought i would hide it in a thread.

i just attended a developer function for a different sort of software. it was fine and nice; mostly i learned that i am really lucky that i am working with volunteers. not just volunteers, but also volunteers who are actual C coders.

i got in trouble fairly quickly with my big offensive mouth when i noticed that adobe had given google an anatomically incomplete statue.

anyways. if you could put the photos back online, i would know better who to thank.

carol