RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Adaptive Contrast Enhancement

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Martin Weber 16 Jul 09:31
  Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Markus Triska 16 Jul 16:00
40F94C86.72504394@gmx.net 07 Oct 20:23
  Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Markus Triska 18 Jul 19:17
   Adaptive Contrast Enhancement Sven Neumann 18 Jul 18:06
Martin Weber
2004-07-16 09:31:54 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

I started to port the plugin Adaptive Contrast Enhancement to GIMP-2.0, but because I do not now enough about the internals I was not able to finish the port. I think this plugin is very usefull, so is there anyone who could have a look at and finish the port. Here you find it: http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=1438

Greetings Martin

Markus Triska
2004-07-16 16:00:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Friday 16 July 2004 07:31 am, Martin Weber wrote:

I started to port the plugin Adaptive Contrast Enhancement to GIMP-2.0, but because I do not now enough about the internals I was not able to finish the port. I think this plugin is very usefull, so is there anyone who could have a look at and finish the port. Here you find it: http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=1438

I once wanted (and still want) to port the plug-in to 2.0 because it was requested in comp.graphics.apps.gimp, but I then saw that there are two different versions (Alex Stark's and yours). Have you made other changes to the plug-in, or did you simply start a port? I'm asking that because people might want to use the original ("clean") plug-in if that has become more wide-spread than your version, and if they differ significantly. Also, porting a not fully functional plug-in is quite useless.

(P.S.: I hope your version DOES differ from the initial version, because what I see from the sample shots of ace, the results do not look very impressive.)

Markus.

Sven Neumann
2004-07-18 18:06:42 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Markus Triska writes:

Then I began to port it and release 0.6.44 that is not fully clean and some points have not been ported yet. So if you have time and enogh knowledge it would help a lot.

I have modified the plug-in to compile against GIMP 2.0. You can start it already (Image -> Colors -> Adaptive Contrast, should maybe be moved to "Layer->Colors")

The canonical place for such a plug-in would be Filters->Colors.

Sven

Markus Triska
2004-07-18 19:17:08 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Then I began to port it and release 0.6.44 that is not fully clean and some points have not been ported yet. So if you have time and enogh knowledge it would help a lot.

I have modified the plug-in to compile against GIMP 2.0. You can start it already (Image -> Colors -> Adaptive Contrast, should maybe be moved to "Layer->Colors"), but it is not fully functional (for example, OK/Cancel buttons do not work, but the preview does). The changes I made are mostly autotools-related (mainly configure.in). I also removed the "intl" program from the distribution. I did not modify any internals, in case you want to restructure the plug-in further.

You can download the intermediate 0.6.45 version from:

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0225855/gimp-ace-0.6.45.tar.gz

What still needs to be done: The dialog handling (dialog.c) is deprecated. I marked the few lines I had to change to make the plug-in compile with "TODO" (2 occurrences in dialog.c). You would now use "gimp_dialog_run" to present the dialog (take for example "gimp-2.0.2/plug-ins/common/mblur.c" to see how it should be done) and check for GTK_RESPONSE_OK.

gimp_ace.c: gimp_plugin_help_register has changed. I don't know what you want to do with the call (make a web-page for the project etc.), or what you should point to (e.g., on-disk HTML documentation). It is commented out for now and also marked with "TODO". (There is also another occurrence of "TODO", namely in glaceG.c, but I did not add that, so apart from this, grepping for "TODO" should lead directly to the relevant places.)

I think you now have a pretty solid basis to work on (because the necessary infrastructure is there), but please feel free to e-mail me in case you need further assistance with enhancing the plug-in. Good luck.

Markus.