RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

CVS updates?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CVS updates? Brion Vibber 08 Jul 03:55
  CVS updates? Raphaël Quinet 08 Jul 08:34
  CVS updates? Dave Neary 08 Jul 09:13
  CVS updates? Sven Neumann 08 Jul 12:29
Brion Vibber
2004-07-08 03:55:14 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

CVS updates?

Is Gimp anonymous CVS on a delayed copy? I'm assuming so based on the fact that I can't seem to get at the most recent commits through a cvs up -dP or cvs log. If there's something in the developer FAQ which is explicit about this, please point me to it so I can feel stupid. I did look!

Also, the RSS changelog (http://wilber.gimp.org/~rss/gimp-cvs.rdf) has links to the GNOME bonsai on cvs.gnome.org which are all dead links. The only thing running on cvs.gnome.org seems to be viewcvs, which does at least seem to be more up to date than anon cvs, and diffs can be dug out of it.

Would it be possible to fix the RSS changelog to point at viewcvs, which works, instead of bonsai, which doesn't?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Raphaël Quinet
2004-07-08 08:34:14 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

CVS updates?

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:55:14 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:

Is Gimp anonymous CVS on a delayed copy? I'm assuming so based on the fact that I can't seem to get at the most recent commits through a cvs up -dP or cvs log. If there's something in the developer FAQ which is explicit about this, please point me to it so I can feel stupid. I did look!

Which anoncvs server are you using? The HACKING file suggests using anoncvs.gimp.org instead of anoncvs.gnome.org. If you use the latter, you will get one of the GNOME anoncvs servers are random, and the one in Spain is known to be badly out of sync. Using anoncvs.gimp.org ensures that you always get the same anoncvs server.

Anyway, regardless of which one you are using, you should usually expect a delay of about half a day.

Also, the RSS changelog (http://wilber.gimp.org/~rss/gimp-cvs.rdf) has links to the GNOME bonsai on cvs.gnome.org which are all dead links. The only thing running on cvs.gnome.org seems to be viewcvs, which does at least seem to be more up to date than anon cvs, and diffs can be dug out of it.

Would it be possible to fix the RSS changelog to point at viewcvs, which works, instead of bonsai, which doesn't?

Bonsai is supposed to be restored in the not-too-distant future. When it works, it provides a richer set of functions than viewcvs. So switching to viewcvs would only be a temporary solution. I don't know if it is worth it. This depends very much on how long it will take for tools like bonsai and lxr to be restored on cvs.gnome.org. I don't have the answer to that question.

-Raphaël

Dave Neary
2004-07-08 09:13:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

CVS updates?

Hi Brion,

Quoting Brion Vibber :

Is Gimp anonymous CVS on a delayed copy?

Yes. The delay shouldn't be any more than about 12 to 24 hours, though. Although I have memories of anoncvs being up to 48 hours out of date.

I don't know, to be honest... Sven?

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2004-07-08 12:29:37 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

CVS updates?

Hi,

Brion Vibber writes:

The URLs in the RSS originate from the cvs commit mails so this would have to be fixed there. I'd also prefer to see Bonsai be restored since it offers a lot more functionality than viewcvs. Someone please bug the gnome cvs masters about this.

Sven