RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Improving the mouse wheel zoom

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Improving the mouse wheel zoom Stan Gatchel 06 Jul 20:44
  Improving the mouse wheel zoom Joao S. O. Bueno 06 Jul 21:30
   Improving the mouse wheel zoom Philip Lafleur 06 Jul 21:40
   Improving the mouse wheel zoom Michael Schumacher 06 Jul 21:41
Stan Gatchel
2004-07-06 20:44:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

All,

I really enjoy and use GIMPv2 a lot. One small improvement I recommend is when zooming with mouse wheel (shift key down) have it zoom in to the location of the cursor, i.e, instead of zooming into the frame at the center (which is what I think GIMP currently does).

When I do this now, I have to adjust the window view so I can see the area of interest. But if I can tell GIMP where I want to zoom in the field of view just by pointing with the cursor, this tedious adjustment operation can be avoided. I use zoom all the time so this would be a real time saver.

Thanks,

Stan Gatchel

Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-07-06 21:30:07 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

I like this idea.

Stan, would you mind filling this as a request feature at GIMP bugzilla? It helps developers keep track of the features wanted, and you will have some feedback on it each time it is considered, or implemented, by the developers.

http://bugs.gimp.org

Thank you.

JS ->

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 15:44, Stan Gatchel wrote:

All,

I really enjoy and use GIMPv2 a lot. One small improvement I recommend is when zooming with mouse wheel (shift key down) have it zoom in to the location of the cursor, i.e, instead of zooming into the frame at the center (which is what I think GIMP currently does).

When I do this now, I have to adjust the window view so I can see the area of interest. But if I can tell GIMP where I want to zoom in the field of view just by pointing with the cursor, this tedious adjustment operation can be avoided. I use zoom all the time so this would be a real time saver.

Thanks,

Stan Gatchel

Philip Lafleur
2004-07-06 21:40:08 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Stan, would you mind filling this as a request feature at GIMP bugzilla?

There is already a report about this on bugzilla:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79384

Philip

Michael Schumacher
2004-07-06 21:41:33 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

I like this idea.

Stan, would you mind filling this as a request feature at GIMP bugzilla? It helps developers keep track of the features wanted, and you will have some feedback on it each time it is considered, or implemented, by the developers.
http://bugs.gimp.org

IIRC there is already such a report (zoom to where the cursor is).

HTH, Michael