RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Roadmap for 2.2 (and beyond)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Roadmap for 2.2 (and beyond) Sven Neumann 05 Jul 17:57
Sven Neumann
2004-07-05 17:57:49 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Roadmap for 2.2 (and beyond)

Hi,

one of the things we discussed last week at GIMPCon was planning the 2.2 release. I didn't take notes from our discussions but I will try to summarize the results and will also try to be more specific when it comes to the features we'd like to see in 2.2.

We agreed that 2.2 will take some more time and decided to set a date for a final feature freeze by the end of August. Since I was actually in favor of an earlier date I plan to be very strict about this date. Any feature that isn't basically finished by the end of August will have to be backed out for the 2.2 release. We'd like to know about all features that people are working on before the end of July. Do not expect us to accept larger patches that introduce completely new features close to the feature freeze at the 31th of August. This schedule gives everyone four weeks to announce their plans and eight weeks to finish them.

Since the tree is currently rather stable and we don't expect that to change during the next weeks, we hope to be able to flush out remaining bugs rather quickly and aim to release GIMP 2.2 by the end of September.

When 2.2 is out, we'd like to invite all GIMP developers to help on bringing GEGL to a state where we can start to use it from GIMP (and other apps). This will slow down GIMP development for a while but we need to finally make the move towards GEGL.

There's a lot more to say about GIMPCon but I will try to do that in separate mails in an attempt to keep the discussion focused on a particular topic. So stay tuned for more mails to come during the next days...

Sven