RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

c++ with plugin-template

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

c++ with plugin-template Christoph Lutz 30 Jun 18:34
c++ with plugin-template Christoph Lutz 04 Jul 17:09
20040630190036.1075312DE8@l... 07 Oct 20:23
  c++ with plugin-template Markus Triska 01 Jul 02:40
   c++ with plugin-template Sven Neumann 01 Jul 02:23
    c++ with plugin-template Markus Triska 01 Jul 04:49
Christoph Lutz
2004-06-30 18:34:46 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

c++ with plugin-template

Hi,
I wrote a gimp-plugin, using plugin-template 1.3.3 which supports gcc as default compiler, thus my plugin has to be compiled with c++ compiler. As I didn't know how to set up all the automake/autoconfigure-stuff, I temporary simply changed the CC-Variable in the /src/Makefile, but this is insufficient, I guess... Could you please give me some hints, how to change the compiler in the plugin-templates configure/automake-files, so that I could pack and release my plugin?

Thanks, Christoph Lutz

Sven Neumann
2004-07-01 02:23:01 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

c++ with plugin-template

Hi,

Markus Triska writes:

The key file here is configure.in. It contains the line

AC_PROG_CC

which will make the (resulting) "configure" script search for a C compiler. gcc is indeed the C compiler (dispite the somewhat misleading name), while the C++ compiler is called "g++".

Right. If a C++ compiler is supposed to be used, you will have to use AC_PROG_CXX. See also

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.57/html_mono/autoconf.html#SEC65

and

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_mono/automake.html#C++%20Support

Sven

Markus Triska
2004-07-01 02:40:42 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

c++ with plugin-template

Christoph Lutz wrote:

As I didn't know how to set up all the automake/autoconfigure-stuff, I temporary simply changed the  CC-Variable in the  /src/Makefile, but this is insufficient, I guess... Could you please give me some hints, how to change the compiler in the plugin-templates configure/automake-files, so that I could pack and release my plugin?

The key file here is configure.in. It contains the line

AC_PROG_CC

which will make the (resulting) "configure" script search for a C compiler. gcc is indeed the C compiler (dispite the somewhat misleading name), while the C++ compiler is called "g++".

I have recently worked with the gimp-plugin-template myself and found it quite useful, so feel free to e-mail me if you have questions, or take a look at the "magiceye" plug-in (in the registry) to see how I have done it.

Best regards, Markus.

Markus Triska
2004-07-01 04:49:20 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

c++ with plugin-template

On Thursday 01 July 2004 12:23 am, you wrote:

Right. If a C++ compiler is supposed to be used, you will have to use AC_PROG_CXX. See also

While we are at it: I noticed that configure.in lacks the typical

AC_LANG_C

line often used in conjunction with AC_PROG_CC to perform additional tests of the C compiler. Adding it might cause autoconf to work around some obscure errors of broken compilers (perhaps broken optimizations etc.).

Best regards, Markus.

Christoph Lutz
2004-07-04 17:09:58 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

c++ with plugin-template

Hello,

thank you all for your hints! Now, I am reading the autoconf-documentation and I'm very impressed... It's a great tool :-)

Christoph