RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp presentation at UNH

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp presentation at UNH Greg Rundlett 05 Jun 02:57
  Gimp presentation at UNH David Neary 05 Jun 13:13
   Gimp presentation at UNH Greg Rundlett 06 Jun 04:30
Greg Rundlett
2004-06-05 02:57:27 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Gimp presentation at UNH

I'm giving a presentation to the Seacoast Linux User Group (SLUG chapter) of the Greater New Hampshire Linux Users Group (GNHLUG) at University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH on June 14th at 7PM (more detail may be added to
http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/OurChapters). The presentation is a repeat of an introduction to GIMP 2.0 talk I gave to the MELBA chapter a month ago.

Is there anyone on this list who is a) an experienced GIMP 2 user
b) an experienced GIMP 2 developer
c) GIMP 2 advocate
d) any or all of the above
who would like to collaborate with me on making a great presentation?

Maybe you've made a presentation and have some materials to share.

I've already put together a full outline for my previous presentation, and would be glad to share it as I get it published to my website.

Thanks,

Greg Rundlett

David Neary
2004-06-05 13:13:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Gimp presentation at UNH

Hi Greg,

Greg Rundlett wrote:

Is there anyone on this list who is b) an experienced GIMP 2 developer

I'm nore this than user (not had much time to explore my artistic side recently).

Maybe you've made a presentation and have some materials to share.

I did a presentation (in French) for the libr'east conference in Paris earlier this year.

The contents of that presentation (bare bones, a dump of the files involved) are here: http://dneary.free.fr/gimp/

The presentation itself (which only got about 50% used) was, IMHO, too detailed. It's in presentation.sxi.

A good GIMP presentation should probably talk a little bit about the project history (5-10 mins), followed by a simple demonstration with every step explained (about 30 mins) followed by a Q&A session for about 10 minutes. If I had it to re-do, that's what I'd do.

In fact, I will be doing a 3 hour workshop on the GIMP in September, which will allow me to take 3 or 4 common tasks, and work them through from A to Z, explaining all the steps as I go (things like redeye, doing a montage, doing color correction, and getting a "surrealist" type effect from a photo).

I've already put together a full outline for my previous presentation, and would be glad to share it as I get it published to my website.

This is great! We really should be keeping track not only of presentation materials that people put together for presentations, but also people who do presentations in case someone wants to give them junkets ;)

You might want to look at Simon Budig, tigert and jimmac's GIMP stuff. Simon has several presentations/talks online, and both jimmac and tigert have tutorials which are very good for a presentation of the GIMP.

Cheers, Dave.

Greg Rundlett
2004-06-06 04:30:29 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Gimp presentation at UNH

David Neary wrote:

I did a presentation (in French) for the libr'east conference in Paris earlier this year.

The contents of that presentation (bare bones, a dump of the files involved) are here: http://dneary.free.fr/gimp/

Thank you. I actually speak French, so I'll "jeter un coup d'oeil", and see what I can re-use.

A good GIMP presentation should probably talk a little bit about the project history (5-10 mins), followed by a simple demonstration with every step explained (about 30 mins) followed by a Q&A session for about 10 minutes. If I had it to re-do, that's what I'd do.

I'm planning on doing a little red-eye removal demo, plus how to lighten a dark photo, finishing off with an advanced demo like making flames (which I am trying to learn now).

This is great! We really should be keeping track not only of presentation materials that people put together for presentations, but also people who do presentations in case someone wants to give them junkets ;)

Sign me up ;-) I'm trying to find time to relaunch my whole web presence, as a practical GNU-Linux Business/User-oriented site. Of course GIMP will be featured as a primary example of the power of logiciel libre.

You might want to look at Simon Budig, tigert and jimmac's GIMP stuff. Simon has several presentations/talks online, and both jimmac and tigert have tutorials which are very good for a presentation of the GIMP.

Merci. Not sure if I've seen Simon's stuff, but I recognize both tigert and jimmac.

Greg Rundlett
'freephile'
www.freephile.com/tiki