RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

13 of 14 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Who's coming to GIMPCon? Dave Neary 04 Jun 13:22
  Who's coming to GIMPCon? Roman Joost 04 Jun 13:48
   Who's coming to GIMPCon? Dave Neary 04 Jun 14:02
  Who's coming to GIMPCon? Simon Budig 04 Jun 14:24
   Who's coming to GIMPCon? Dave Neary 04 Jun 14:33
  Who's coming to GIMPCon? Tor Lillqvist 04 Jun 22:13
  Who's coming to GIMPCon? Henrik Brix Andersen 07 Jun 10:04
  Who's coming to GIMPCon? Sven Neumann 09 Jun 15:52
   Who's coming to GIMPCon? Carol Spears 09 Jun 18:06
Who's coming to GIMPCon? Tor Lillqvist 10 Jun 01:54
87ekoobk9t.fsf@gimp.org 07 Oct 20:23
  Who's coming to GIMPCon? Carol Spears 09 Jun 22:24
   Who's coming to GIMPCon? Sven Neumann 09 Jun 22:27
    Who's coming to GIMPCon? Carol Spears 09 Jun 23:18
Dave Neary
2004-06-04 13:22:13 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Hi all,

As most of you know by now, the GIMP Conference will be held as a sub-event of GUADEC in Kristiansand, Norway from the 28th to the 30th of June (in 3 weeks time).

A number of people have suggested that a list of attendees who have confirmed they're going would be useful - so could anyone who plans to be there reply to the lists saying so, please? Don't forget to register at http://2004.guadec.org/register/ and request free accommodation if you need it - there's floorspace for all, for a groovy atmosphere.

Cheers, Dave.

Roman Joost
2004-06-04 13:48:17 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 01:22:13PM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi all,
A number of people have suggested that a list of attendees who have confirmed they're going would be useful - so could anyone who plans to be there reply to the lists saying so, please? Don't forget to register at http://2004.guadec.org/register/ and request free accommodation if you need it - there's floorspace for all, for a groovy atmosphere.

I'll come. If someone registered for the student flats and received a reply from the GUADEC organisation, let me know. I still didn't received anything. After asking in may, they said, they'll send the confirmation mails in few days, which didn't happen.

Greetings,

Dave Neary
2004-06-04 14:02:34 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Hi Roman,

Roman Joost wrote:

I'll come. If someone registered for the student flats and received a reply from the GUADEC organisation, let me know. I still didn't received anything. After asking in may, they said, they'll send the confirmation mails in few days, which didn't happen.

This is becoming something of a FAQ for guadec - I've forwarder on your mail to guadec-list so that someone who knows more can fill you in on the details.

Cheers,
Dave.

Simon Budig
2004-06-04 14:24:12 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Dave Neary (dneary@free.fr) wrote:

I want to come. I tried to register for the free floor space, but they present a form that the CGI is not willing to accept (it has no entry field for the invoice thingie the CGI is requesting for).

However, I hope my registration to the event itself went well.

Bye, Simon

Dave Neary
2004-06-04 14:33:53 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Hi Simon,

Simon Budig wrote:

I want to come. I tried to register for the free floor space, but they present a form that the CGI is not willing to accept (it has no entry field for the invoice thingie the CGI is requesting for).

However, I hope my registration to the event itself went well.

If we want/need floorspace, it is available to us. I have brought it up already with the guadec organisers, so I just need to let them know how much we need. We should let them know soon though. I'm not sure what exactly needs to be arranged in terms of set-up to use the floorspace, though - this will be my first GUADEC.

Cheers, Dave.

Tor Lillqvist
2004-06-04 22:13:01 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Dave Neary writes:
> A number of people have suggested that a list of attendees who have > confirmed they're going would be useful - so could anyone who plans to > be there reply to the lists saying so, please?

I would like to come, if I can convince my boss to let me do it on company time. Maybe even if I have to use vacation days. Will know better on Monday.

--tml

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-06-07 10:04:45 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 13:22, Dave Neary wrote:

I've registered for GUADEC (and for floorspace accommodation as well) - and I hope to be able to go there. ;)

Regards, Brix

Sven Neumann
2004-06-09 15:52:35 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Hi,

Dave Neary writes:

As most of you know by now, the GIMP Conference will be held as a sub-event of GUADEC in Kristiansand, Norway from the 28th to the 30th of June (in 3 weeks time).

A number of people have suggested that a list of attendees who have confirmed they're going would be useful - so could anyone who plans to be there reply to the lists saying so, please?

It took Mitch and me a while to come to a decision but this is final now: I will attend this year's GimpCon and Mitch won't. I've booked my flight and registered for the conference (and some floorspace to put my head).

See you all in Kristiansand, Sven

Carol Spears
2004-06-09 18:06:01 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

hmm,
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:52:35PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

It took Mitch and me a while to come to a decision but this is final now: I will attend this year's GimpCon and Mitch won't. I've booked my flight and registered for the conference (and some floorspace to put my head).

is it possible to get an email from mitch himself that might inject a little something more into this decision?

giving bad news like this, after so long. it seems fair to have more to go on.

mitch is not quick to email. i understand this. it would be nicer to hear it straight from the "horse's mouth" however.

carol

Carol Spears
2004-06-09 22:24:08 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

well,
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:31:42PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to get an email from mitch himself that might inject a little something more into this decision?

giving bad news like this, after so long. it seems fair to have more to go on.

mitch is not quick to email. i understand this. it would be nicer to hear it straight from the "horse's mouth" however.

Mitch is on holidays at his parent's place so don't expect him to answer during the next days. Also he said he won't go to this year's Guadec/GimpCon several months ago already. He just recently considered to perhaps change his mind but yesterday finally decided not to. His personal reasons don't need to be discussed on the lists and it is IMHO very impolite of you to ask for this to happen.

Anyway, what about you? I guess I missed your mail to the list that tells us you are coming?

i check my mail for personal mail i sent to mitch. i have been sending personal mail explaining what i am doing to potential VOLUNTEERS so as not to offend them and yet still protect the ones we have.

you think that having mitch send this bad news himself is rude? i think it is beautiful. i think you are rude.

i am also concerned because every photo i ever saw of you, mitch was in the background very close to a keyboard. i have a theory that you do not function without mitch at the keyboard. this makes me as nervous and rashy as using windows does.

i am planning on screaming "whee!" so loudly when i get the ticket that you will be able to hear this in berlin.

as for mitch writing his own mail -- he has a certain sort of elegance in his use of words that you and i both lack.

carol

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-06-09 22:27:00 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

Carol,

I sent this mail to you as private email. Please do not forward or quote private emails to the mailing-list. Further discussion in private mails please. Thank you.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-06-09 23:18:09 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:27:00PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Carol,

I sent this mail to you as private email. Please do not forward or quote private emails to the mailing-list. Further discussion in private mails please. Thank you.

sorry.

it has been a very long time that i received private email from you that was not initiated by me.

the irc would have been more public and less polite.

wonder where the confusion comes from?

carol

Tor Lillqvist
2004-06-10 01:54:39 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Who's coming to GIMPCon?

I booked my flight yesterday, and registered at the conference (although no email confirmation yet...?). See you in Kristiansand.

--tml