RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

correct parameters for select-color?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

correct parameters for select-color? Dov Kruger 03 Jun 18:39
  correct parameters for select-color? Simon Budig 03 Jun 22:56
  correct parameters for select-color? Sven Neumann 04 Jun 11:57
Dov Kruger
2004-06-03 18:39:46 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

As per Sven's suggestion, instead of plugin color to alpha, I want to try replacing every occurrence of white pixels with transparent. The documentation in the browser suggests something like the following:

(gimp-by-color-select d '(255 255 255) 0 2 0 0 0 0)

This should select color white, but I don't know how to make the selection transparent. Searching the calls in the browser for functions containing alpha and trans didn't yield anything obvious.

Also, with apologies for my ignorance, Sven suggested looking at the interactive menu, but I don't understand how to select color white interactively, much less replace it. If I select menu "selection->color" the tool changes on the main gimp window, but I don't see a way to request color white, or make the selection, and once that's done, how do I make it transparent?

I have seen functions that take the alpha layer and turn it to color, but how do I programmatically make the alpha layer?

I searched for a while on color selection, but most selections out there seem to involve selecting a region and doing some photo retouching. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Budig
2004-06-03 22:56:46 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Dov Kruger (dkruger@stevens.edu) wrote:

As per Sven's suggestion, instead of plugin color to alpha, I want to try replacing every occurrence of white pixels with transparent. The documentation in the browser suggests something like the following:

(gimp-by-color-select d '(255 255 255) 0 2 0 0 0 0)

This should select color white, but I don't know how to make the selection transparent. Searching the calls in the browser for functions containing alpha and trans didn't yield anything obvious.

You are looking for (gimp-layer-add-alpha) and (gimp-edit-clear).

Hope this helps, Simon

Sven Neumann
2004-06-04 11:57:10 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Dov Kruger writes:

Also, with apologies for my ignorance, Sven suggested looking at the interactive menu, but I don't understand how to select color white interactively, much less replace it. If I select menu "selection->color" the tool changes on the main gimp window, but I don't see a way to request color white, or make the selection, and once that's done, how do I make it transparent?

How about clicking on white spot in your image? You didn't try that?

Sven