RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

HRZ load/save plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

HRZ load/save plug-in Sven Neumann 15 May 14:23
  HRZ load/save plug-in Henrik Brix Andersen 15 May 14:35
Sven Neumann
2004-05-15 14:23:38 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

HRZ load/save plug-in

Hi,

I've been working on our load/save plug-ins lately and changed the file type names as displayed in the Open/Save dialogs to be more descriptive (and translatable). I've used the strings from the Free Desktop shared-mime-info package whenever possible.

Doing this I have touched all our file plug-ins and found most of them rather useful. There's one though that I think should be removed from the standard distribution. Perhaps it's just me who doesn't see much use in the HRZ file format. Here's a comment from the source explaining the format:

* The HRZ file is always 256x240 with RGB values from 0 to 63. * No compression, no header, just the raw RGB data. * It is (was?) used for amatuer radio slow-scan TV.

Since our file format menu is definitely starting to grow too large I suggest we remove this plug-in from the distribution and put the source code into the plug-in registry instead. Are there any objections?

Sven

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-05-15 14:35:19 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

HRZ load/save plug-in

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 14:23, Sven Neumann wrote:

I've been working on our load/save plug-ins lately and changed the file type names as displayed in the Open/Save dialogs to be more descriptive (and translatable). I've used the strings from the Free Desktop shared-mime-info package whenever possible.

Good job, neo :)

Since our file format menu is definitely starting to grow too large I suggest we remove this plug-in from the distribution and put the source code into the plug-in registry instead. Are there any objections?

No objections from me. I've never seen the fileformat in use. From the description in the source code it sounds like the format is only used by a niche of users, if any. Moving it to the repository sounds like a good solution to me.

Regards,
Brix