RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Volunteer needed

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Volunteer needed Dave Neary 11 May 13:17
  Volunteer needed Dave Neary 11 May 13:19
  Volunteer needed J. Grant 11 May 21:52
   Volunteer needed Dave Neary 12 May 08:47
  Volunteer needed Dave Neary 13 May 18:49
Dave Neary
2004-05-11 13:17:04 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Volunteer needed

Hi,

I thought I would have time to do so, but I am fast realising that I won't.

We now have, as I said before, 3 ways that people can donate funds directly to the GIMP, via the GNOME Foundation. This is a short-term arrangement, and we will discuss what (if anything) we want to put in place long-term with the foundation board at GUADEC.

So - here's the request: The following information needs to be added pretty quickly (and prominently) to the webpage, so that we can start advertising the ways to fund the GIMP around community sites. Is there anyone with the time to do this today or tomorrow? I won't have time to do this (even if it's pretty small) until next week, at the earliest.

Thanks, Dave.

===== Fundraising info to add to the webpage =======

Donating money to the GIMP is easy! The guys at the GNOME Foundation have graciously agreed to act as fiscal agents for us, which means we can offer tax deductible donations in the US.

There are 3 ways to support the GIMP financially, and get as many of the GIMP Developers as possible to the GIMP Developers Conference, taking place in Norway as a sub-event of GUADEC at the end of June, as well as expenses associated with the establishment of the GIMP Foundation:

1) Cheque, made payable to the GNOME Foundation, and sent to

GNOME Foundation c/o Novell, Inc.
8 Cambridge Center
Floor 5
Cambridge, MA 02142

with a cover-letter (or a note in the "memo" field) saying it is for the GIMP. You can additionally send a mail saying that you have donated to bolsh@gimp.org, if you want to.

2) Wire transfer

Send an email to fundraising@gnome.org, requesting bank details, and specifying that you are donating to the GIMP.

3) Paypal

Donate to gimp@gnome.org, this will notify us, and the GNOME board, that funds have been donated to the GIMP. Credit card donations are also accepted via this route.

Please indicate whether you would like your donation to remain anonymous, as otherwise you will be listed as a sponsor of the GIMP on the gimp.org web-pages.

Note: The following can be added to allow a paypal donation to be just one click from the website (the page http://www.gimp.org/sponsors/thanks.html should exist with a short thank you message, otherwise the "return" field should be omitted):

I've attached donate.png, which is directly taken from www.gnome.org/friends.

Alternatively, we can use the paypal icon like this...

...but since we're not getting anything from paypal, perhaps the neutral one is better.

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

Dave Neary
2004-05-11 13:19:22 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Volunteer needed

Hi all,

Dave Neary wrote:

3) Paypal

I sent this a little too quickly - I'm still waiting for a confirmation that paypal is available, and the values in item_id and item_name may be different.

It would still be cool to get the first 2 methods on the site asap and add the 3rd when it's confirmed as an option (which should be today).

Cheers, Dave.

Donate to gimp@gnome.org, this will notify us, and the GNOME board, that funds have been donated to the GIMP. Credit card donations are also accepted via this route.

Please indicate whether you would like your donation to remain anonymous, as otherwise you will be listed as a sponsor of the GIMP on the gimp.org web-pages.

Note: The following can be added to allow a paypal donation to be just one click from the website (the page http://www.gimp.org/sponsors/thanks.html should exist with a short thank you message, otherwise the "return" field should be omitted):

...but since we're not getting anything from paypal, perhaps the neutral one is better.

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

J. Grant
2004-05-11 21:52:22 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Volunteer needed

Hi Dave,

GNOME Foundation
c/o Novell, Inc.
8 Cambridge Center
Floor 5
Cambridge, MA 02142

Perhaps the country name could be added as well? Otherwise people may assume it is the first Cambridge (UK) or one of the other international cities using the same name.

Regards

JG

Dave Neary
2004-05-12 08:47:33 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Volunteer needed

Hi J.,

J. Grant wrote:

GNOME Foundation
c/o Novell, Inc.
8 Cambridge Center
Floor 5
Cambridge, MA 02142

USA

Perhaps the country name could be added as well? Otherwise people may assume it is the first Cambridge (UK) or one of the other international cities using the same name.

Good point. I'm not sure who's putting this up on the site, though.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave Neary
2004-05-13 18:49:19 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Volunteer needed

Hi,

Update on the paypal details.

The form to be added to the web page to allow one-click donations is this:

Is anyone currently working on the web pages? A reply from someone who is with a "yes, but I don't have time" would be fine, but the absence of response to my last mail is worrying me.

I'm quoting the entire previous mail, in case anyone missed it.

Do we have a web team any more? If so, who's on it?

Cheers, Dave.

Dave Neary wrote:

So - here's the request: The following information needs to be added pretty quickly (and prominently) to the webpage, so that we can start advertising the ways to fund the GIMP around community sites. Is there anyone with the time to do this today or tomorrow? I won't have time to do this (even if it's pretty small) until next week, at the earliest.

Thanks, Dave.

===== Fundraising info to add to the webpage =======

Donating money to the GIMP is easy! The guys at the GNOME Foundation have graciously agreed to act as fiscal agents for us, which means we can offer tax deductible donations in the US.

There are 3 ways to support the GIMP financially, and get as many of the GIMP Developers as possible to the GIMP Developers Conference, taking place in Norway as a sub-event of GUADEC at the end of June, as well as expenses associated with the establishment of the GIMP Foundation:

1) Cheque, made payable to the GNOME Foundation, and sent to

GNOME Foundation c/o Novell, Inc.
8 Cambridge Center
Floor 5
Cambridge, MA 02142,
USA

with a cover-letter (or a note in the "memo" field) saying it is for the GIMP. You can additionally send a mail saying that you have donated to bolsh@gimp.org, if you want to.

2) Wire transfer

Send an email to fundraising@gnome.org, requesting bank details, and specifying that you are donating to the GIMP.

3) Paypal

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

_______________________________________________ Gimp-developer mailing list
Gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer