RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New to Development

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New to Development Laughner, Bill 10 May 17:23
  New to Development Sven Neumann 10 May 17:51
  New to Development Henrik Brix Andersen 10 May 18:21
  New to Development Dave Neary 11 May 13:21
   New to Development Sven Neumann 11 May 14:24
Laughner, Bill
2004-05-10 17:23:44 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

New to Development

I'm a newbie to this developer list. I've been searching the site for some info on how the developer community is governed, but could not find what I was looking for. Who/how are patches approved for release and how is the release process managed?
Thanks in advance.

"Insight is seeing what everyone has seen and thinking what no one else has thought."

--Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sven Neumann
2004-05-10 17:51:37 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

New to Development

Hi,

"Laughner, Bill" writes:

I'm a newbie to this developer list. I've been searching the site for some info on how the developer community is governed, but could not find what I was looking for. Who/how are patches approved for release and how is the release process managed?

The developer FAQ has answers to your questions:

http://developer.gimp.org/faq.html

Sven

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-05-10 18:21:42 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

New to Development

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 17:23, Laughner, Bill wrote:

Welcome :)

A good place to start is the GIMP Developer FAQ: http://developer.gimp.org/faq.html

Regards, Brix

PS: oh, and you might want to turn off HTML mail for this list. Thank you.

Dave Neary
2004-05-11 13:21:29 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

New to Development

Hi Bill,

Laughner, Bill wrote:

Sven does it, mostly.

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2004-05-11 14:24:57 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

New to Development

Hi,

Dave Neary writes:

Sven does it, mostly.

Well, yes. But please don't send me patches by email. Given the amount of spam I receive I might not even get your mail. And even if it reached me, I would ask the sender to open a bug report and attach the patch to it. That's the only way to assure that patches aren't lost and/or forgotten.

Sven