RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Idea for support page

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Idea for support page Dave Neary 10 May 09:40
  Idea for support page Branko Collin 10 May 15:48
Dave Neary
2004-05-10 09:40:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Idea for support page

Hi,

A friend here heard about Koha, an open source library management program, and I was looking at their site, and found this: http://koha.org/installation/support.html

I think this is a great idea. Ifg there are people out there prepared to give commercial support to the GIMP, there should be a way for them to get some kind of "official" status, and have their name listed on the gimp.org website.

What do people think of the idea? Is the GIMP the kind of program for which support contracts might be bought? Are there people out there who want to include "GIMP Support" in their business? Lots of open questions - I thought this was a great idea though.

Cheers, Dave.

Branko Collin
2004-05-10 15:48:49 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Idea for support page

On 10 May 2004, at 9:40, Dave Neary wrote:

A friend here heard about Koha, an open source library management program, and I was looking at their site, and found this: http://koha.org/installation/support.html

Funny, I just visited that site a couple of days ago, in search for a library system (and finally recommending to the person who asked me to look for one). This is about the sort of library one borrows books from, for those wondering. :-)

I think this is a great idea. If there are people out there prepared to give commercial support to the GIMP, there should be a way for them to get some kind of "official" status, and have their name listed on the gimp.org website.

What do people think of the idea? Is the GIMP the kind of program for which support contracts might be bought? Are there people out there who want to include "GIMP Support" in their business? Lots of open questions - I thought this was a great idea though.

I can see several sorts of support possible:

- build & installation support

- beginners classes Using the GIMP

- plug-in coding

- generic upkeep (calling when new versions are out, that sort of thing)

None of that sounds very exciting, but I don't work in the support business. I can imagine that for an organisation for which time is money, any sort of support they can buy-in is welcome.