RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Perl module, Gimp-2.0pre3.tar.gz available

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Perl module, Gimp-2.0pre3.tar.gz available Seth Burgess 25 Apr 02:54
Seth Burgess
2004-04-25 02:54:49 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Perl module, Gimp-2.0pre3.tar.gz available

The latest gimp-perl module pre-release is available!

This fixes problems with the 'make test', as well as running scripts from the commandline (without a Perl-Server running).

It also adds licensing info to each plug-in in the examples/ directory, since these are licensed individually. If you are the author of any that I don't have info for yet (I've attempted to contact everybody), please contact me so I can add the correct information there.

This release requires gimp-2.0.

There's the predictable slew of bugfixes as well. See ChangeLog for details.

I've finally made it through the plug-ins I can test, fixing things along the way. Several are currently non-functional (or very marginally useful from an example coding or usage standpoint), and will be removed by the final release if not made functional. These are:

alpha_to_color avi border circular_text clear_alpha colourtoalpha Create_Images fire fit-text gap-vcr gimpmagick homepage-logo miff PDB perlcc logulator parasite-editor povray roundrectsel terral_text triangu visual

Brief descriptions of the results of my testing are found in examples/examples.TODO. If you feel strongly that one of these should be included in the release, please let me know. I'm also accepting patches :)

Many thanks to Dov Grobgeld for his fixes of several plug-ins.

I'll be uploading to CPAN shortly. You can download it immediately from:

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/perl/Gimp-2.0pre3.tar.gz

Most stuff that you'd expect from a stable release is probably in here. If I don't get a lot of reports of problems, next release won't have a 'pre' attached to it.

Happy GIMPing,

Seth Burgess sjburges@gimp.org