RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

conflict between 2.0 and 2.1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

conflict between 2.0 and 2.1 William Skaggs 24 Apr 19:25
  conflict between 2.0 and 2.1 Sven Neumann 25 Apr 01:00
William Skaggs
2004-04-24 19:25:40 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

I'd like to bring up what appears to be a conflict between 2.0 and 2.1 that will become relevant as soon as a tarball of 2.1 is released. Building 2.1 causes the version info in pkgconfig/gimp-2.0.pc to be set to 2.1. This means that any plug-in built thereafter will be installed in 2.1, and there is no way to install new plug-ins for 2.0 without doing something kludgy.

Either that, or I'm missing something :-).

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu

Sven Neumann
2004-04-25 01:00:14 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

"William Skaggs" writes:

I'd like to bring up what appears to be a conflict between 2.0 and 2.1 that will become relevant as soon as a tarball of 2.1 is released. Building 2.1 causes the version info in pkgconfig/gimp-2.0.pc to be set to 2.1. This means that any plug-in built thereafter will be installed in 2.1, and there is no way to install new plug-ins for 2.0 without doing something kludgy.

Either that, or I'm missing something :-).

I explained the versioning scheme in a mail to this list. You obviously missed that. Here it is again:

The version number has been changed to 2.1.0. We plan to have the gimp-2.2 plug-in API completely backward compatible to gimp-2.0. Nevertheless most versions have been bumped to 2.1 for now. This is to avoid confusion when both the gimp-2.0 and the development branch are installed. It does _not_ mean that you can install gimp-2.0 and gimp-2.1 into the same prefix. The two installations are _not_ disjunct, you need to keep them in separate prefixes!

When we approch gimp-2.2, we will probably change most version numbers back to the GIMP API version which is 2.0.

Sven