RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Unsharp plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Unsharp plug-in geert jordaens 23 Apr 20:25
  Unsharp plug-in Branko Collin 23 Apr 21:54
  Unsharp plug-in David Neary 26 Apr 20:00
   Unsharp plug-in Henrik Brix Andersen 27 Apr 11:05
Unsharp plug-in William Skaggs 23 Apr 22:42
geert jordaens
2004-04-23 20:25:32 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Unsharp plug-in

hello,

this is the first time I'm posting on this list. It realy is the gimp developer list?
I've modified the unsharp plugin and added a preview functionality to it. How do I share it, do I sent it to someone for review?

kind regards

Geert Jordaens

Branko Collin
2004-04-23 21:54:20 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Unsharp plug-in

On 23 Apr 2004, at 20:25, geert jordaens wrote:

this is the first time I'm posting on this list. It realy is the gimp developer list?

Yes it is. Welcome!

I've modified the unsharp plugin and added a preview functionality to it. How do I share it, do I sent it to someone for review?

There are a number of instructions in that you should probably follow.

There's also a developer FAQ with some information at .

You should probably check first to see if a bug report for this has already been opened, and if people have already been working on previews.

William Skaggs
2004-04-23 22:42:24 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Unsharp plug-in

Geert Jordaens wrote:

Branko Collin wrote:

You should probably check first to see if a bug report for this has already been opened, and if people have already been working on previews.

There is in fact a bug report (#52374) called "Some plugins lack a preview area". There has been some discussion a while ago on this mailing list of the possibility of creating a "standard" preview widget for plug-ins to use. This is on the to-do list, but nobody is actually working on it at the moment as far as I know. In the meantime, there has been little work on previews for individual plug-ins because of the likelihood that in the near future they would be obsoleted. You can find an archive of the mailing list at http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-developer%40lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/

Anyway, the approach that is most convenient for everybody is to do this:

1) Register the plug-in in the GIMP Plug-In Registry (registry.gimp.org), and put the source code there so that people can download it.
2) Send a message to this list saying how to download the plug-in, and asking for people to test it and consider it for inclusion in the main distribution.

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu

David Neary
2004-04-26 20:00:18 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Unsharp plug-in

Hi Geert,

geert jordaens wrote:

As you have seen by now, there are lots of ways. The easiest way is to make a unified diff of your sources with those in CVS or in your release, and attach the patch to a bug report.

Alternatively, you could mail your patch to the list, or to a developer, and he might do that for you :)

Cheers, Dave.

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-04-27 11:05:20 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Unsharp plug-in

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 20:00, David Neary wrote:

geert jordaens wrote:

As you have seen by now, there are lots of ways. The easiest way is to make a unified diff of your sources with those in CVS or in your release, and attach the patch to a bug report.

The above process is described in detail in the document How To Create and Submit a Patch found at
http://www.gimp.org/bugs/howtos/submit-patch.html

Regards, Brix