RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem starting gimp 2.0.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem starting gimp 2.0.0 Frank Wittemeier 06 Apr 20:58
  Problem starting gimp 2.0.0 Owen 06 Apr 23:08
   Problem starting gimp 2.0.0 Tim Mooney 06 Apr 23:46
Frank Wittemeier
2004-04-06 20:58:54 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hello,

I have a problem with gimp 2.0.0. I have compiled the software listed on www.gimp.org/unix/ and then gimp-2.0.0, all with no problems.

When I try to start gimp I get the followind error:

** (gimp:9612): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Verdana 10 Speicherzugriffsfehler

I had this problem with the pre-Release of gimp (pre 2-4) and asked about the problem on this list, but with no solution.

Any help?

Frank

BTW: the same problem with gimp --no-fonts

Owen
2004-04-06 23:08:35 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:58:54 +0200 Frank Wittemeier wrote:

** (gimp:9612): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Verdana 10 Speicherzugriffsfehler

I would suggest that this means;

a. the font has not installed correctly b. the file format is faulty

Unless you *desperately* need verdana 10, ignore the message. Alternatively, you may try reinstalling that font.

Owen

-- ------------------------------------------------------------- __0 http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/rr.html for rides _ \
(_)./(_) http://weather.smh.com.au/weather/canberra.html ---------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Mooney
2004-04-06 23:46:00 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

In regard to: Re: [Gimp-developer] Problem starting gimp 2.0.0, Owen said...:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:58:54 +0200 Frank Wittemeier wrote:

I would suggest that this means;

a. the font has not installed correctly b. the file format is faulty

Unless you *desperately* need verdana 10, ignore the message. Alternatively, you may try reinstalling that font.

I believe ``Speicherzugriffsfehler'' is "bus error" or "segfault" or something similar, auf Deutsch, so it's going to be a little hard to ignore until the problem font is removed.

Tim