RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ANNOUNCE: Pre-releases for Perl bindings, Help pages and GAP + Win32 installer

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Henrik Brix Andersen
2004-03-25 22:38:03 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi all,

Pre-releases of the GIMP Perl bindings, the new help pages and the GIMP Animation Package are now available at ftp://ftp.gimp.org and it's mirror sites. The pre-releases are all updated to work with the recently released GIMP 2.0.

Gimp-Perl is an extension for writing Gimp Extensions/Plug-ins/Load and Save-Handlers in Perl. A Gimp-Perl pre-release is available on CPAN and at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/perl/

GIMP-Help is a help system designed for use with the internal GIMP help browser, external web browser and HTML renderers, and human eyeballs. A GIMP-Help pre-release is available at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/testing/

The GIMP-GAP (GIMP Animation Package) is a collection of plug-ins to extend the GIMP with capabilities to edit and create animations as sequences of single frames. A pre-release is available at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/gap/testing/

Jernej Simon?i? has prepared a GIMP 2.0 installer for use on Microsoft Windows. The installer is available on Jernej's website at http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/

./Brix

Tino Schwarze
2004-03-26 15:48:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi there,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:38:03PM +0100, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

Gimp-Perl is an extension for writing Gimp Extensions/Plug-ins/Load and Save-Handlers in Perl. A Gimp-Perl pre-release is available on CPAN and at ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/perl/

Is there a dedicated mailing list for Gimp-Perl? I had troubles installing this... It doesn't seem to work with the latest ExtUtils::Depends ... And I'd like to have all these perl plug-ins back!

Bye, Tino.

Dave Neary
2004-03-26 16:27:13 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi Tino,

Tino Schwarze wrote:

Is there a dedicated mailing list for Gimp-Perl? I had troubles installing this... It doesn't seem to work with the latest ExtUtils::Depends ... And I'd like to have all these perl plug-ins back!

As far as I know there isn't (although Marc might correct me) - here is the best place.

Cheers,
Dave.

Carol Spears
2004-03-26 16:45:15 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 07:37:23AM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 04:27:13PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi Tino,

Tino Schwarze wrote:

As far as I know there isn't (although Marc might correct me) - here is the best place.

seth burgess has been working on this.

i guess the perl stuff that is in debian sid will work.

it would be nice to have a list of what is needed and put it online.

thanks for your answer, however, mr. neary. articulate and wrong.

carol

Dave Neary
2004-03-26 17:30:36 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi Carol,

Carol Spears wrote:

Tino Schwarze wrote:

Is there a dedicated mailing list for Gimp-Perl?

As I said earlier - both Seth and Marc are here, and there is no standalone gimp-perl list. So how exactly was my answer wrong?

Cheers, Dave.

Carol Spears
2004-03-27 01:43:06 UTC (about 20 years ago)

ANNOUNCE: Pre-releases for Perl bindings

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 05:30:36PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi Carol,

Carol Spears wrote:

Tino Schwarze wrote:

Is there a dedicated mailing list for Gimp-Perl?

As I said earlier - both Seth and Marc are here, and there is no standalone gimp-perl list. So how exactly was my answer wrong?

eh, i dunno. is there something wrong with what i wrote about gimp-perl working somewhere?

xoxox
carol

dov@imagic.weizmann.ac.il
2004-03-27 22:47:22 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I have just tested this release and updated my tutorial so that it works with it. You may see the result at: http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/gimp/perl-tut-2.0/ .

I have also fixed my two scripts in the examples directory, namely tex-to-float and gimp-make-img-map . Is it ok if I just put back the changes into cvs?

Thanks for the good job!

Regards, Dov

Owen
2004-03-27 23:57:31 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:47:22 +0200 dov@imagic.weizmann.ac.il wrote:

I have just tested this release and updated my tutorial so that it works with it. You may see the result at: http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/gimp/perl-tut-2.0/ .

I downloaded from ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/perl/

but it wouldn't configure/make

ERROR from evaluation of /home/owen/Gimp-2.0pre1/UI/Makefile.PL: Can't locate object method "add_define" via package "ExtUtils::Depends" at ./Makefile.PL line 42

In fact a grep of all modules could not locate add_define so I was wondering if that routine has been replaced with something else?

Dov Grobgeld
2004-03-28 06:33:10 UTC (about 20 years ago)

You will first need to install Gtk2 and all its prerequisites. ExtUtils::Depends is one of these. See the gtk2-perl home page.

Regards, Dov

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:57:31AM +1000, Owen wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:47:22 +0200 dov@imagic.weizmann.ac.il wrote:

I downloaded from ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/perl/

but it wouldn't configure/make

ERROR from evaluation of /home/owen/Gimp-2.0pre1/UI/Makefile.PL: Can't locate object method "add_define" via package "ExtUtils::Depends" at ./Makefile.PL line 42

In fact a grep of all modules could not locate add_define so I was wondering if that routine has been replaced with something else?