RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-developer email

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-developer email Carol Spears 20 Mar 06:47
  gimp-developer email David Neary 20 Mar 10:09
gimp-developer email Kevin Myers 20 Mar 16:28
049c01c40e4f$dab7cb60$6501a... 07 Oct 20:22
  gimp-developer email Carol Spears 20 Mar 15:21
Carol Spears
2004-03-20 06:47:27 UTC (about 20 years ago)

gimp-developer email

hi,

i dont know who did it; but since TheGIMP is running on a lot of different operating systems, the quality of the email being sent to this list is pathetic. TheGIMP comes from a long line of GNU/Linux developers and even before that -- by people who wanted to share and not steal. Please review the email ettiquette before suggesting that the quality of all things GIMP go further downhill for other operating systems:
http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/mail_lists.html

TheGIMP has a decidedly GNU/Linux way about it. call it a bias even. get used to it. thanks,

carol

David Neary
2004-03-20 10:09:48 UTC (about 20 years ago)

gimp-developer email

Hi Carol,

Carol Spears wrote:

i dont know who did it; but since TheGIMP is running on a lot of different operating systems, the quality of the email being sent to this list is pathetic.

TheGIMP has a decidedly GNU/Linux way about it. call it a bias even. get used to it. thanks,

Please chill out and have a little tolerance for people who are genuine, and are making a genuine effort to contribute to the project. You also don't mention any particular nettiquette rules you feel are being broken. Please, let's all just be nice.

Cheers, Dave.

Carol Spears
2004-03-20 15:21:02 UTC (about 20 years ago)

gimp-developer email

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 01:49:20AM -0600, Kevin Myers wrote:

Out of respect for other developers, I am responding to your further comments offline. I will not follow this with addtional mail. ----- Original Message ---

Kevin Myers
2004-03-20 16:28:01 UTC (about 20 years ago)

gimp-developer email

In offline continuation of her rant against Windows support in the GIMP and Windows users in general, similar to Carol's latest posts and most of which I think speak for themselves and I won't bother responding to, she did make one somewhat valid point regarding my recent posts to the list. From now on, I will try to do a better job of stripping the content of prior messages in a thread when posting my replies, out of concern for digest readers. My apologies for the extra bandwidth usage.

s/KAM