RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Questions from Hungary

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Questions from Hungary Márton Balázs 15 Mar 15:29
  Questions from Hungary Dave Neary 15 Mar 15:57
Márton Balázs
2004-03-15 15:29:52 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Questions from Hungary

Greets to the GIMP team from Hungary!

I love GIMP because it's equal (or sometimes better) than other great names, like PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro. etc. And it's FREEE!!! As I use GIMP about a few months, I ask a question to myself: "Won't it be better if I can use GIMP in my own language, hungarian? I translate many other programs into hungarian (like SciTE, syn, Audacity, etc.), why can't I help to the GIMP team with my work?" So, dear guys, I have a big question: Is there somebody, who is already working on GIMP's hungarian translation? I saw the translation of version 1.1, but it's very incomplete and a lot of the messages are still in english.
And if I can cooperate with my work: where can I find the latest version's .PO file?

I will be happy, if I can offer to you with my work: Balázs Márton from Hungary

Dave Neary
2004-03-15 15:57:38 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Questions from Hungary

Hi Balazs,

Márton Balázs wrote:

So, dear guys, I have a big question: Is there somebody, who is already working on GIMP's hungarian translation? I saw the translation of version 1.1, but it's very incomplete and a lot of the messages are still in english.
And if I can cooperate with my work: where can I find the latest version's .PO file?

This is great to hear, thanks for the offer.

The translations of the GIMP are done by the GNOME i18n team and the head of the Hungarian team is listed as being Szabolcs "Shooby" Ban (shooby at gnome dot hu) - I'm sure he'd be pleased to hear from you.

The latest po files for the GIMP are in GIMP CVS (in the directories po, po-libgimp, po-plug-ins and po-script-fu).

Thanks again, Dave.