RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

choosing fonts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

choosing fonts Gezim Hoxha 10 Mar 06:04
  choosing fonts Dave Neary 10 Mar 10:17
   choosing fonts Gezim Hoxha 11 Mar 02:43
    choosing fonts Simon Budig 11 Mar 03:06
    choosing fonts Sven Neumann 11 Mar 04:06
     choosing fonts Gezim Hoxha 11 Mar 07:10
Gezim Hoxha
2004-03-10 06:04:06 UTC (about 20 years ago)

choosing fonts

Hi all,

I find that when you have more than ten fonts and try to choose a good one, it takes lots of time because you have to click in everyone....blah..blah

If you could make a feature so one can youse the arrows on the keyboard and see how a font looks, and check out the next font instead of having to click so many times. Also adding "letter spacing" feature wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Gezim

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you
Dave Neary
2004-03-10 10:17:18 UTC (about 20 years ago)

choosing fonts

Hi Gezim,

Gezim Hoxha wrote:

If you could make a feature so one can youse the arrows on the keyboard and see how a font looks, and check out the next font instead of having to click so many times. Also adding "letter spacing" feature wouldn't be too bad.

In the drop-down box from the text tool font button, there is a button "Open the font selector dialog". This dialog allows navigation by arrow keys. This is also a dockable, so you can add it to the dock beside (say) paint brushes so that it is easily accessible while you are using the text tool.

Hope this helps, Dave.

Gezim Hoxha
2004-03-11 02:43:02 UTC (about 20 years ago)

choosing fonts

--- Dave Neary wrote:

In the drop-down box from the text tool font button, there is a button "Open the
font selector dialog". This dialog allows navigation by arrow keys. This is also
a dockable, so you can add it to the dock beside (say) paint brushes so that it
is easily accessible while you are using the text tool.

I've tried this before, but I don't get the wanted results. When the "font selection dialog" opens I click on fonts, and use the arrow key but the font type on the current selected text layer doesn't change. Does it need configuring in anyway?

Do you Yahoo!?
Simon Budig
2004-03-11 03:06:54 UTC (about 20 years ago)

choosing fonts

Gezim Hoxha (hgezim@yahoo.com) wrote:

--- Dave Neary wrote:

In the drop-down box from the text tool font button, there is a button "Open the
font selector dialog". This dialog allows navigation by arrow keys. This is also
a dockable, so you can add it to the dock beside (say) paint brushes so that it
is easily accessible while you are using the text tool.

I've tried this before, but I don't get the wanted results. When the "font selection dialog" opens I click on fonts, and use the arrow key but the font type on the current selected text layer doesn't change. Does it need configuring in anyway?

Try doubleclicking on the text layer in the layers dialog. Then the fonts dialog should change the font on that layer.

Hope this helps, Simon

Sven Neumann
2004-03-11 04:06:23 UTC (about 20 years ago)

choosing fonts

Hi,

Gezim Hoxha writes:

It does need a recent version of The GIMP (2.0pre4).

Sven

Gezim Hoxha
2004-03-11 07:10:44 UTC (about 20 years ago)

choosing fonts

--- Sven Neumann wrote:

It does need a recent version of The GIMP (2.0pre4).

That explains it. I've got 2.0-pre3-r1 right now coz in gentoo pre4 is not yet here. So something to look forward to.

Do you Yahoo!?