RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Bugs on milestone 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Bugs on milestone 2.0 Sven Neumann 10 Mar 02:46
  Bugs on milestone 2.0 Dave Neary 10 Mar 11:31
   Bugs on milestone 2.0 Sven Neumann 10 Mar 13:06
  Bugs on milestone 2.0 Michael Natterer 10 Mar 13:02
Sven Neumann
2004-03-10 02:46:57 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Bugs on milestone 2.0

Hi,

I've made a list of all bugs on milestone 2.0 (there were 26 of these at the time of this writing) and added some comments. I'd like you to review this list with me and take ownership of bugs if you think you can fix them.

It would also help to have the bugs better prioritized in Bugzilla. Blockers should be marked as such. Bugs not marked as blockers will be moved to the 2.0.1 milestone if they don't get fixed before sunday. Some of the bugs listed can IMO be moved to 2.0.1 or even 2.2 immidiately. I've added comments if I think that's the case. If you disagree with any of these comments, please object now.

Do we have a volunteer with some free time and bugzilla permissions who wants to help me with the bug maintainance?

130985 Tools Text tool broken with respect to Undo

I consider this a blocker but I think I can fix it this week. There are probably some optimizations that should be done on the undo stack but these can wait till after 2.0.

133719 User Interface crashes on paste

This doesn't look like a crash but rather like an endless resizing loop. This should be fixable by always allocating the space for the alpha channel in the channels list. Since this problem only shows up with a rather uncommon, very condensed docks setup, I don't consider this a blocker. But it might be an easy fix.

136636 Tools Selection mode modifier affects selection at mouse release

Looks like a GTK+/GDK problem to me. It doesn't crash GIMP but it makes some actions with selections impossible on Windows. Should not be considered a blocker but it needs to be addressed soon.

136219 Tools crash with shapeburst gradients (adaptive supersampling / ma
This one has a PATCH attached that fixes it but Pedro would prefer a better fix. Will be fixed before 2.0, one way or the other.

131965 General Deletion of layer with brightness-contract active

This is data loss but on the undo stack only. This is critical but it shouldn't block the release. We don't seem to have much clue what is going wrong here.

120021 General GIMP Crashes when undoing editing of a blured text layer

This should get fixed when text undo is redone, see #130985. Better to keep it a separate bug report to make sure this particular use case is being tested. This is a blocker.

136623 General text layer paint problems

Blocker, since it's a crash. Seems to be caused by some code I added recently. If I don't get this fixed, I will revert said change.

136645 General Text and Texture

Could be the same bug as above (#136623) or it is similar one. Reverting the change mentioned above should fix it as well.

93806 Script-Fu Script-Fu args parsing needs to be made sane
This can IMO be moved to 2.0.1 immidiately.

124176 General assertion `gimage->group_count > 0' failed when performing undo

Pobably hard to fix since there isn't even a descrption on how to reproduce. We shouldn't block the release with this.

120490 Tools Scale tool produces wrong output (misses parts of image)

Looks like some rounding bug. Data loss but not a crasher so I don't think it should be seen as a blocker.

115774 General Tablet pointer becames core pointer

Noone knows what's causing this one and Simon found that it might be fixed with latest versions of all libraries involved. Tablet support is important but shouldn't block 2.0.

76228 Tools brush scaling algorithm fails for large brushes

Doesn't seem to annoy anyone badly enough to fix it, so it can as well be bumped to 2.2. Would probably be a local change that can be easily backmerged to the 2.0 branch.

128594 Tools Rotating layer more wide than 16000 pixels causes problem on

Doesn't look like a blocker to me.

118356 Tools Switching font units should maintain same text height

I would better fix this. Shouldn't be too hard if some uglyness is allowed.

136489 Script-Fu gimp-edit-copy fails on transparent area

This is strictly speaking an API change but it seems we better do it since the current API is just plain broken,

128833 User Interface Tool dialogs block image (crop tool)

Smells like another user preference. For anyone comfortable with GimpConfig, this is an easy change to GimpToolDialog, GimpGuiConfig and a line or two in gui/preferences_dialog.c.

123888 Plugins PSD images gets wrong "modulo"

Can IMO be moved to 2.0.1 at once.

112859 User Interface transform tools' preview should take linked-group in conside

Not critical but it would be nice to change it now so that the 2.0 UI stays consistent. Otherwise bump to 2.2 ?

65534 Plugins targa (TGA) importer alpha support broken

Bump to 2.0.1.

97734 Tools Move tool switches the active layer

Unless someone has a patch for this hidden somewhere, it should be bumped to 2.2.

109561 General Toggling layer visibility resets tool parameters

Not sure how this could be fixed. Shouldn't be a blocker but it is certainly an annoying side-effect.

91384 General unaligned access when displaying an image

Needs help from OSF/1 users. Bump to 2.0.1.

132698 Plugins Discrepancy in Script-Fu constants vs. DB Browser

We need to come to a decision here. Need to look at it again.

121871 Plugins Saving large PSD's make the psd plugin crash.

Not a blocker, bump to 2.0.1.

12253 General gui problem while more tasks (e.g. crop & filter)

Doesn't look like this could be addressed in time. Bump to 2.2.

So, let's eliminate this list together...

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-03-10 11:31:28 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Bugs on milestone 2.0

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

It would also help to have the bugs better prioritized in Bugzilla. Blockers should be marked as such. Bugs not marked as blockers will be moved to the 2.0.1 milestone if they don't get fixed before sunday. Some of the bugs listed can IMO be moved to 2.0.1 or even 2.2 immidiately.

We should also categorise most of the -- milestone bugs (I think that these should go to 2.2 or 2.0.1, for the most part).

Do we have a volunteer with some free time and bugzilla permissions who wants to help me with the bug maintainance?

I'll help out with this, should be pretty quick. Anyone who wants bugzilla permissions drop me a mail.

133719 User Interface
crashes on paste

I haven't been able to reproduce this, even with a cluttered screen and docks set-up. Bumping to 2.0.1 sounds good.

136636 Tools
Selection mode modifier affects selection at mouse release

Looks like a GTK+/GDK problem to me. It doesn't crash GIMP but it makes some actions with selections impossible on Windows. Should not be considered a blocker but it needs to be addressed soon.

I'll have a closer look at our code, and see if this is a GTK+ issue. If I have the time, I'll do up a test case. Agreed it's not a blocker.

131965 General
Deletion of layer with brightness-contract active

This is data loss but on the undo stack only. This is critical but it shouldn't block the release. We don't seem to have much clue what is going wrong here.

It would be nice to have people look closer at this one before 2.0 - I agree that it's not a blocker though.

93806 Script-Fu
124176 General
120490 Tools
115774 General
76228 Tools
128594 Tools

> 123888 Plugins
> 65534 Plugins
> 97734 Tools
> 121871 Plugins
> 12253 General
> 91384 General

Agreed on all of these.

136489 Script-Fu
gimp-edit-copy fails on transparent area

This is strictly speaking an API change but it seems we better do it since the current API is just plain broken,

Yup - there's a patch against this with a few problems, I think we should accept it.

128833 User Interface
Tool dialogs block image (crop tool)

Smells like another user preference. For anyone comfortable with GimpConfig, this is an easy change to GimpToolDialog, GimpGuiConfig and a line or two in gui/preferences_dialog.c.

I'm not comfortable about having this as a preference. The best fix would be to have the crop tool pop up somewhere other than the center of the image, which is possibly the worst place it could pop up. Is this dialog session managed? If not, what needs to be done to make that happen?

112859 User Interface
transform tools' preview should take linked-group in conside

Not critical but it would be nice to change it now so that the 2.0 UI stays consistent. Otherwise bump to 2.2 ?

I'd say bump - unless someone feels happy taking this on with about 3 or 4 days to do it.

109561 General
Toggling layer visibility resets tool parameters

Not sure how this could be fixed. Shouldn't be a blocker but it is certainly an annoying side-effect.

I'd really like to see this fixed before 2.0. Of course, that means someone needs to fix it... I don't think that I will have the time myself. Plus, as you say, the fix isn't immediately obvious.

132698 Plugins
Discrepancy in Script-Fu constants vs. DB Browser

We need to come to a decision here. Need to look at it again.

I think we should do both (keep the old enum naming scheme and add the new one), and deprecate the old one for 3.0 (or possible 4.0).

Michael Natterer
2004-03-10 13:02:39 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Bugs on milestone 2.0

Sven Neumann writes:

131965 General
Deletion of layer with brightness-contract active

Actually, I know exactly what is going on there but I'm unsure about which of the possible fixes is the right one. See bugzilla.

ciao, --mitch

Sven Neumann
2004-03-10 13:06:55 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Bugs on milestone 2.0

Hi,

Dave Neary writes:

128833 User Interface
Tool dialogs block image (crop tool) Smells like another user preference. For anyone comfortable with GimpConfig, this is an easy change to GimpToolDialog, GimpGuiConfig and a line or two in gui/preferences_dialog.c.

I'm not comfortable about having this as a preference. The best fix would be to have the crop tool pop up somewhere other than the center of the image, which is possibly the worst place it could pop up. Is this dialog session managed? If not, what needs to be done to make that happen?

It is session-managed but a lot of window managers seems to ignore the position hints and center the dialog because it is marked as transient for the image window. That's the part that I'd like to make configurable.

132698 Plugins
Discrepancy in Script-Fu constants vs. DB Browser We need to come to a decision here. Need to look at it again.

I think we should do both (keep the old enum naming scheme and add the new one), and deprecate the old one for 3.0 (or possible 4.0).

I am not convinced that the old names are bad and should be deprecated anytime. Perhaps this needs some more discussion.

Sven