RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Pushing the 2.0 release

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Pushing the 2.0 release Sven Neumann 09 Mar 15:58
  Pushing the 2.0 release David Neary 09 Mar 19:46
   Pushing the 2.0 release David Odin 09 Mar 20:13
    Pushing the 2.0 release Michael J. Hammel 09 Mar 22:44
     Pushing the 2.0 release Thomas Simmons 09 Mar 23:22
Sven Neumann
2004-03-09 15:58:29 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Pushing the 2.0 release

Hi,

I'd just like to let you know that I will try to donate the next days completely to GIMP development. I hope to get the remaining text tool bugs tackled and with some help from others, we should manage to get all bugs that block the 2.0 release done by the weekend. A reasonable amount of these bugs will have to be pushed to 2.0.1 or 2.2 but I think we can get GIMP into shape for 2.0rc1 until sunday. Since this will involve quite some hacking, we should IMO do a 2.0rc1 tarball but the idea is that unless there are major problems with this tarball, 2.0.0 should be released a few days later.

Sven

PS: Of course it would be nice to get the web-site into shape for 2.0 as well. I would spend work on this but I am afraid the day only has 24 hours. Since Shawn volunteered to help with the web-site and will be available over the weekend, it would be nice if a few people could get together and make a short-term plan for this.

PPS: I would also appreciate if people would not spend their time with discussions that are not related to the 2.0 release. These can probably wait until 2.0 is out of the door.

David Neary
2004-03-09 19:46:16 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Pushing the 2.0 release

Hi Sven,

Sven Neumann wrote:

think we can get GIMP into shape for 2.0rc1 until sunday. Since this will involve quite some hacking, we should IMO do a 2.0rc1 tarball but the idea is that unless there are major problems with this tarball, 2.0.0 should be released a few days later.

This sounds great. Thanks.

PPS: I would also appreciate if people would not spend their time with discussions that are not related to the 2.0 release. These can probably wait until 2.0 is out of the door.

I'll work on the press pack this weekend. As to the other discussions, I guess that we can talk more about the project's organisation after 2.0.

Cheers, Dave.

David Odin
2004-03-09 20:13:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Pushing the 2.0 release

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 07:46:16PM +0100, David Neary wrote:

Hi Sven,

Sven Neumann wrote:

think we can get GIMP into shape for 2.0rc1 until sunday. Since this will involve quite some hacking, we should IMO do a 2.0rc1 tarball but the idea is that unless there are major problems with this tarball, 2.0.0 should be released a few days later.

This sounds great. Thanks.

Ditto.

I'll work on the press pack this weekend. As to the other discussions, I guess that we can talk more about the project's organisation after 2.0.

Just to avoid duplicate efforts, I guess we should try to tell who is doing an announce and where.

I can do the announce on linuxfr (french linux related news site), if nobody object. Who will do on slashdot, and other major news sites?

Regards,

DindinX

Michael J. Hammel
2004-03-09 22:44:45 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Pushing the 2.0 release

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:13, David Odin wrote:

Just to avoid duplicate efforts, I guess we should try to tell who is doing an announce and where.

I can do the announce on linuxfr (french linux related news site), if nobody object. Who will do on slashdot, and other major news sites?

I have editor contacts at (and will submit to) the following: Linux Journal
Linux Format (UK)
Linux Magazine (US)
DesktopLinux.com
LWN.net
LinuxArtist.org

and of course, I'll post it on my own site, though I kind of doubt many people go there anymore (I seldom have time to keep it up to date).

David - forward me the press release to mjhammel@graphics-muse.org when its ready, if you can, just so I don't miss it in the mailing list.

Thomas Simmons
2004-03-09 23:22:23 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Pushing the 2.0 release

David,
Please forward me the press release as well. I work for TweakTown.com, a hardware/software review site that's pretty big, and I would like to make a big mention of the GIMP 2.0 release. I will also be writing an article about it and am currently redesigning the site with the GIMP2.0pre series. ;)

Thom Also, my apologies to everyone about not shortening the previous message.